Losi High Roller

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
crazydave
bitPimp

Losi High Roller

Post by crazydave »

My first good RC was the Stampede, my second was a Team Losi XXT, I always wished I could take the best features from both, so I nearly crapped when I saw the High Roller. :eek:
http://losi.com/Products/Default.aspx?ProdID=LOSB0103
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

It's nice but it seems like losi's going backwards in design. I never expected a stampede-like truck from them.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Murdoch wrote:It's nice but it seems like losi's going backwards in design. I never expected a stampede-like truck from them.
I think since Gil has left, and they dropped the "Team" from their name, there has been a lot more emphasis on fun sport level cars. I also think they're trying to take Traxxas head on, because over last ten years Traxxas has evolved from the little guy, to to probably the largest RC company, so they must be doing something right.

At any rate Losi has been releasing products that get me excited left and right. My only complaint is that I can't buy them all.
crazydave's Gallery
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

They do seem to be following Traxxas on a few things lately. I've seen on other forums that have brought the new Losi to our attention bash the company on "copying" the Stampede. But if you are a Losi fan, and get tired of your "race-ready" stadium truck getting scraped up from just bashing in the yard, why not get this? It has the clearance like the stampede, fun look of the pede, and is simple in design - again like the pede. If it can take the abuse like I have given my pede, then I think it's a win - win. From what I have heard of Losi products (I only have the Micro Ts and a Mini-T that I haven't looked at in forever), the fit and finish are better than a Traxxas, so I would think it should be fairly durable.

And what's this of the 1/18 desert truck? :shock: It made since on the micro-t, but this is getting out of hand. :? Redoing the mini-T to create another option. That just reminds me of Traxxas updating a couple things on a vehicle and releasing it as "new". - see what I mean? lol

On a side note, I think they should have brought back their 4wd buggy into the picture with a CORR style lid on it, similar to the Slash/Slayer. Now that would be good.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

ibjamn wrote:And what's this of the 1/18 desert truck? :shock: It made since on the micro-t, but this is getting out of hand. :? Redoing the mini-T to create another option. That just reminds me of Traxxas updating a couple things on a vehicle and releasing it as "new". - see what I mean? lol
It exists.

All I have to do is get the chassis, rear bumper and cage and bam! I got a desert truck.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That's exactly my point of view IBJ. When I had a Stampede and a XXT, the Stampede was much better suited for playing with in dirt fields. The XXT got hung up on everything in the rough, but at the track, it never broke, ever, even when I got sideswiped by a gas car, the Stampede on the other hand, I had trouble getting through a full 6-7 minute run without breaking something, out-drives, shock towers, steering knuckles, spur gears, you name it, I even broke suspension arms. This was a while back, and Traxxas has improved most the parts I had problems with, but I always thought if I could get Losi quality, with the Stampede's chassis design, it would be the perfect basher. I'm not really impressed with the fit and finish on Losi's 1/18th scale vehicles, and I always blamed that on overseas manufacturing, but I recently got a 1/10th scale Losi car to review, and quality on that is excellent, so I'm guessing this High Roller should be of similar quality. At any rate, the metal motor plate is the clincher for me.
crazydave's Gallery