diamond in the rough - a Blackfoot story

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

diamond in the rough - a Blackfoot story

Post by ibjamn »

I found and bought an RC lot from Craigslist a little while ago.

Now, what first caught my eye was the fact that this combo is similar to what I had when I was 14-15 yrs old. This pan car is a Bolink Eliminator 10, but mine was an Eliminator Sport. I recognised the Tamiya Frog based monster truck chassis immediatly, as my first hobby grade RC was a Blackfoot and this one has hop ups that I used to see and read about in RCCA mags. When I called the guy, I was hoping that the OG body was included in the deal and it was, it was the F150 body :smile: I kinda wished it was the Monster Beetle, but I won't complain.

My original Blackfoot was so thrashed it was beyond repair or restoring, so I had thrown it out years ago. :(
But, I knew there was a reason that I saved those Sees aluminum wheels for all these years. I just wished I could find the instruction manual, I thought I saved it too, but I can't seem to find it anywhere.

But this guy didn't know what he had, really.
Bolink stuff is kinda rare now, but what I am most excited about, is the Blackfoot stuff. I thought about cleaning it up, and throwing it on Ebay, but I am torn. I don't know if after I restore it to it's fine glory, if I'd give it up.
After searching the bay's completed listings, I could stand to tripple my money back by parting out the hopups, repainting the lid, and cleaning it up and putting the original parts back on - which were included in the lot- and then selling the truck.

I'll post up some decent pics as it sits in a bit. :smile:
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Wait, Bolink stuff is worth money now? :-D I'm rich :-D I'm rich :-D now where would I sell my three pan cars (one graphite pan still in the box but partially built:)), because ebay hasn't worked?

I always wanted a Blackfoot when they were new, they were the coolest looking things around. Looking forward to the pics. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Bolink stuff is kinda rare now
Rare doesn't always mean valuable.

A Yugo is now rare, but do you think it'll get high bids on Flea-bay? :lol:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I've got something based off the old Grasshopper tub chassis. Actually gonna start building first thing tomorrow morning, but I can't say too much right now. ;)

I had a Bolink Digger back in the day. So simple and effective it was like a revelation.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Actully, if you've know of a running Yugo, I know a Fiat collector who would pay decent money for one...but I get your point.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Ok pics are up...
I haven't started the cleanup on it yet.

The Sees aluminum wheels that need a bit of cleaning as well :-o

and here is a list of the Blackfoot hopups on it already;
CRP adjustable motor mount
CRP front knuckles
CRP trailing arm supports
JG front shock towers
JG rearshock towers
JG front bumper
Thorp counter gear, 2 ball differential gear sets, dogbones, axles
Diamond anti sway bar
shocks- I have no idea on brand
Trinity Monster Horsepower motors