Shaun Wants, So Bad!

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Shaun Wants, So Bad!

Post by SHAUN »

Traxxas has finally done it, they got into the mini scene, I REALLY want one of the 1/16th scale Mini Revos, and its brushless!

Skip past the Traxxas rock crawler, the good stuff is further on down the page.
http://www.rccaraction.com/ME2/dirmod.a ... 48150EA66A
1000+ post of BS.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I want the mini Slayer!!

Man, it sucks to want. :(
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I just want the axles and tranny from the Summit. That looks like the perfect setup...remote locking axels and remote high and low range gear box. :-o I wonder if it really works or will it break right away under power?
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

The Summit has working lockers??? :eek: It'll be interesting to see how that holds up.

The 1/16s are cool, but Traxxas and not 1/10 *brain explodes*
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

frizzen wrote:The Summit has working lockers??? :eek: It'll be interesting to see how that holds up.
Not only that but they are remote! no stopping to lock them. That and the tranny not only has the dual range but it's remote too. Actually the who truck looks great, well, except for the body, but that's something that I'd probably change sooner or latter anyway.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

remotely locking diffs AND a high/low tranny? holy shit that's dope!
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

It - the Summit- looks rugged. But that's just the extra plastic, I guess. It's got to be priced high though. :shock: Then again, the Slash is an excellent value for $200.

The 1/16 scale looks like a 1/10 lexan lid would fit for a (realistic)scale offroad vehicle, which would apeal to me more than th Slash or Slayer.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

http://www.rccrawler.com/summit.html

The remote Diffs look wicked. Introduced the TQ4 radio. 775 motor. Two Speed would be nice, and it looks like it holds everything low. Dual servo steering is ok, I guess; seems like it would be easier to just run a single big one...

:( :( :( :( :(

It's an INDY rig??? :( Just as I was really drooling, they lost me. :-? :? :sad:
-
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

indy rig - of course, it's based off of the E-Revo. But look at it this way. With the drivetrain configuration and the 4 ch radio, it would be the ultimate basher. If you get hung up on something, lock the diffs, you get to a steep incline, lock the diffs and switch to low gear, you want to go faster, switch to high gear........ it's all done from the radio.

Did you notice they are going for 2.4ghz systems? :-o
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Yeah, I know. Traxxas = Indy. But come on man, for their 'Go Anywhere' rig, I was hoping solid as they generally let you go more places. Yes it's definately a hell of a basher, and I do still kinda want one.

I hope an aftermarket company builds some solid axles that can use their locker pumpkin guts! Ka-ching!!!
-
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

The thing is, it is common place in the industry to base new vehicles off existing platforms, and not everybody offers a solid axle vehicle. Many companies don't want the expense of tooling a new part, but I would think Traxxas could afford it. Instead they put their money into remotely locking diffs, and I guess they're trying to get their moneys worth out of the Revo design. Traxxas has always focused on making a product that the average joe, that has no experience with RCs, will enjoy. I think they're on the right track, because it does seems to me that most people who are not "in the know" are turned off by the lack of speed crawlers produce. So I think they found their niche, but I wonder if they realize how many people are going to be upset that it is being touted as a crawler, and doesn't have straight axles.

Personally if it was a straight axle car, and I could manually unlock the diffs, and still remotely switch gears, I'd be all over it. As is, I wouldn't mind having one, but I would rather a Mini Slash. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

Only the hardcore crawlers would look down on it. A buddy of mine has a crawler and I was discussing an emaxx-based axle with a small suspension trick I though of, and he was givin me the thumbs up. And this is a guy who has a super, a 2.2 comp rig and a scale truck. he hasn't said boo to the axles OR the tranny.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Murdoch wrote:Only the hardcore crawlers would look down on it. A buddy of mine has a crawler and I was discussing an emaxx-based axle with a small suspension trick I though of, and he was givin me the thumbs up. And this is a guy who has a super, a 2.2 comp rig and a scale truck. he hasn't said boo to the axles OR the tranny.
You're probably right, that's just my assumption. I'm surely not a hardcore crawler, I just always liked straight axle trucks.
crazydave's Gallery
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

oh yea, nothin wrong with that. they are fun in their own right.