Team Associated at Toys R Us?

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Team Associated at Toys R Us?

Post by sidewinder »

I was just looking at the TRU site...check this out: http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.js ... Id=3399881 I'm not spending almost $300 for another 1/18 scale truck (with a rally body) but I thought it was interesting.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

WTH!? RC18R are actually dropping in price, they're like $140 now.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... XPRE6&P=SM

Good luck bending people over TRU. :-)
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

That is interesting...... I guess sales are slow for TA, and they are trying a different avenue to get rid of them. :?
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

That is a hell of a price difference...for $140 I might consider it but at $280 there's no chance. You'd think TRU would have managed to get some sort of discount. :?
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

AE at ToysRUs? Mighty have fallen, or Toys getting better?

As for the price, I bet they got a sweet discount, but are playing on how much better HobbyGrade is than ToyGrade and kids not knowing about hobbyshops.

But then again, I've heard about some old-timers who claim to have originally bought stuff (Clodbusters, Grasshoppers...) there a million years ago...
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

frizzen wrote:But then again, I've heard about some old-timers who claim to have originally bought stuff (Clodbusters, Grasshoppers...) there a million years ago...
I remember when I was a kid, I had never been to a hobby shop, but I knew of Grasshoppers. Those were the RCs that every kid wanted, until the RC10 came along. The kid's outside of my place are oblivious to hobby grade RCs, and really if it isn't 1/5th scale, with built in MP3 players, and such novelties, they can never comprehend why my cars cost so much.
crazydave's Gallery
nonickname

Re: Team Associated at Toys R Us?

Post by nonickname »

Wow, that surprises me. I'd never buy a good car like that from tru, because you just wouldn't get the parts/support there. Glad I bought my ft t4 from a hobby shop (stanbridges). In all it's had over $1000 spent on it..but glad I got it from a professional place. If it was from tru and I was oblivious to hobby stores it would still be broken from the first crash.
crazydave
bitPimp

Re: Team Associated at Toys R Us?

Post by crazydave »

nonickname wrote:Wow, that surprises me. I'd never buy a good car like that from tru, because you just wouldn't get the parts/support there. Glad I bought my ft t4 from a hobby shop (stanbridges). In all it's had over $1000 spent on it..but glad I got it from a professional place. If it was from tru and I was oblivious to hobby stores it would still be broken from the first crash.
Good point. I was in HobbytownUSA the day after Xmas. It was kind of funny, I was only there a half an hour, and saw newbies with a broken servo, a broken C-hub, and one guy that couldn't start his nitro car.
crazydave's Gallery