Traxxas at Pep Boys

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
crazydave
bitPimp

Traxxas at Pep Boys

Post by crazydave »

My wife told me this the other day, but I had to see for myself. Sure enough there is a display with Stampedes, Rustlers, and Slashes. There is a decent supply of replacement parts, and few hop ups, alloy caster blocks, steering knuckles, and turnbuckles. If anything I think its great that I have a convenient place where I can grab things like body clips and wheel nuts. I think its a good marketing strategy too. I would guess many people that walk into Pep Boys are mechanically inclined enough to work on their own cars, and I think those are the people that get the hobby, instead of the ones that run into walls, then call the car a POS when their servo breaks. Hopefully this works out for them, and we continue to see hobby grade RCs popping up in mainstream stores. :-o

I also gotta say, I've never seen the Slash up close and in person, and I wanted one before, but now I have to have one. I think I may have to convert one of my 1/8th scale cars into something Like Associated's SC8. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
payaso
bitPimp

Re: Traxxas at Pep Boys

Post by payaso »

Yeah, I heard that over on the TRX boards a few months ago.

There's a guy named "the jang" that builds shit like that. He converted one of his 1/8 ofna buggies to a corr truck. Thing looks cool and it scoots.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ITn10JRmGe8[/youtube]

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I wonder if the managers get an employee discount, I have a cousin that manages one :???: I wonder if he'd be willing to buy a Slash and slashed prices?
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sidewinder wrote:I wonder if the managers get an employee discount, I have a cousin that manages one :???: I wonder if he'd be willing to buy a Slash and slashed prices?
Sounds like a plan, go for it. I'll be jealous. :lol:

Payaso, that's what I'm talking about. Do you know how he made that cool front bumper?
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

The Jang is the man. I have kept an eye on his stuff for years now. He started a lot of mods back in the day that I still love ---- The widened Pede---- was the best.
BUt TRX at Pepboys?

wow.