Dirty Bandit!

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
crazydave
bitPimp

Re: Dirty Bandit!

Post by crazydave »

sidewinder wrote:Try it in a Late Model with concrete wall coming at you... that's a really fun time to figure out you just made the stupid thing impossible to turn. :lol:
I believe the concrete walls are stationary. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

Hey SW...what bat's are you currently running in your Bandit? Average run time?

I'm averaging about 13 minutes on new NiMH 7.2V 3000 sticks in the dirt and some stubble.

O/T but popped a freshly charged NiMH stick in the Bolink tonight - yeah, THAT was fun :smile: :-o

PF
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

sidewinder wrote:Try it in a Late Model with concrete wall coming at you... that's a really fun time to figure out you just made the stupid thing impossible to turn. :lol:
did that last weekend in a go kart. kidneys still hurt.
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

crazydave wrote:
I believe the concrete walls are stationary. :???:
That's a common misconception, but there are some of us that know better...like 45tr0. :-) Hope your ok, a kart sounds like it would be a bad thing to hit a wall in (on?).

PF, right now I have a pair of Radio Shack 3300mAh sticks I'm using, I'm not sure on the run times but it seems like around 15 minutes or so, next time I take it out I'll watch a clock. I could be way off, I have a really bad sense of time. :sad: BTW, I didn't think of it when you were asking about battery sources but Radio Shack has some pretty decent 3300mAh sticks for around 20-25 bucks, at least they did, I haven't checked lately.

edit: I just checked their website, they want around $28 online, but check the stores, they usually have a deal on the batteries (except around Christmas).
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

man i love reading all of your guys stories. about 3 weeks ago my mom took me to our LHS to pick out an rc for Christmas. i was planning to get a bandit that was there but sadley it was gone. :sad: but i then discovered at the very top of the shelf were you can barley see it there was a 1/16 e revo up there. so i got that instead. im still happy with the 1/16 e revo. i also got a dual battery connector and an extra battery. cant wait till Christmas for that snow run.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Hey when you get it going take a picture of the waterproof box for the receiver/esc if you have a camera around...I'm wanting to see what they did to waterproof it...I'd like to waterproof the Bandit and maybe some of those boxes would work. :???:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

Hey SW...I would think your RX box is water proof - I thought you bought yours after I bought mine and mine's WP.

Check to see if your RX box has a blue neoprene-like gasket and that the wire outlet has a spoogy black foam material - pretty sure that's what Traxxas does to WP them.

If not - I'm in trouble :-(

The Velineums (sp) BL motors weren't truely WP proof till later in the summer of this year I think.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Oh, it does have that... :???: I wonder if it was the motor or the esc or both that they waterproofed on the newer models? I'll have to hit the Traxxas board and find out. Thanks.
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

Yeah - I'm pretty sure the "1st generation" BL motors where not WP until later on in the year - I bought my setup around June maybe...not sure about the speed control on the older units.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

So maybe a balloon and one of the new motors :???: It would make winter more fun.