New toys to play with

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

New toys to play with

Post by VooDooMafia »

So I was never really into larger RC cars (well larger then mini z's/Xmods anyway) but I figured I would pick up a few vendettas as the price seemed to be a good deal.

one was ready to run teh other need a speed control, TX and receiver so I decided to rip that one down and just use it for parts as it had more aluminum parts.

I must say they are fun and seem fast for stock motor and battery.

I just went and picked up a 1600mAh (stock was 600) so we will see how that improves things.

Now I guess I should look into a new motor (currently has a duratrax 380 in it) .

This is just a few of the other cars on the shelf

I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Re: New toys to play with

Post by ibjamn »

I wished I had known that you were interested in a Vendetta..... I have one that will soon be leaving my stable......

FYI.... I had considered getting these for mine, but I don't drive it enough to invest in it.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... LXTZN7&P=K

I have been bidding on this auction.... but if you want those parts go ahead and jump on it. I'm about to be outbid by pennies anyway.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3DBidding
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

ibjamn wrote:I wished I had known that you were interested in a Vendetta..... I have one that will soon be leaving my stable......

FYI.... I had considered getting these for mine, but I don't drive it enough to invest in it.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... LXTZN7&P=K

I have been bidding on this auction.... but if you want those parts go ahead and jump on it. I'm about to be outbid by pennies anyway.
what you are going to be asking for your vendetta?
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

ibjamn wrote:I have been bidding on this auction.... but if you want those parts go ahead and jump on it. I'm about to be outbid by pennies anyway.
That's sitting at a nice price now, but I wonder what that'll sell at. :???:

For a motor, watch this one, it's starting at .99. Can't get this auction there's tons going for $25
http://cgi.ebay.com/BRAND-NEW-REEDY-MIN ... 1|294%3A50" target="_blank
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
PimpFloyd
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpFloyd »

I kinda like the Vendetta, the local HT USA where I bought my Bandit got some kinda of special deal on three about that time and were selling them RTR for 100 bucks...not a bad deal I guess - almost bit.

Nice haul and nice looking...glad to hear it's fun :-o

PF
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

VooDooMafia wrote:
what you are going to be asking for your vendetta?
Not much, since I didn't give much for it anyway. I guess it depends on that auction.... and if I win it.
It'd make you laugh to see what I paid for it.
Here is the post about it.
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... t=Vendetta
It's been sitting unused since a week after I got it.
I like it, and it's fun to drive, but it doesn't fit my style of bashing. It's about as usefull as my Mini-T and my Bolink...... you want those too? :lol:

One more thing.... that motor has different timing too..... take it out, and you'll see the tick marks :-o
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

well let me know what you want for it and the 2 others you mentioned. I vendetta I am interested in for sure might take the other 2 as well.

As for the timing thing, not really sure what you mean, this is my first car over the mini z scale cars (I always just trashed friends cars lol)

I was always more into helis then the cars (other then micro of course)
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Well, I didn't win that auction..... so OK... I'll PM you about that...
It isn't that I don't like them, the Vendetta is pretty sweet for what it is. 1/18-ish scale is just wierd for me. I like higher speed offroad bashing and I'm not running at any tracks, so they get unused and collect dust. Even stadium trucks don't work for me because of the lower ground clearance.

As far as the motor, I'll get a pic up in a bit. But basically, look where the endbell attaches to the can. There are 3 marks on the can, and a indicator on the plastic part of the endbell that should be in line with the middle mark on the edge of the can. If you loosen the screws that attach the endbell, you can twist the endbell to either of the other marks. Moving it to one increases torque, but reduces speed. The other way reduces torque and response time, but increases speed. I can't remember which way does one or the other, but it was noticeable differences.

I got this info from 1/18th.com a long while back.
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

Cool will have to check it out, I have a bunch of stock motors so I can put one on each and test them out.

Look FWD to a PM about the other stuff.

VDM
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

ibjamn wrote:Well, I didn't win that auction..... so OK... I'll PM you about that...
It isn't that I don't like them, the Vendetta is pretty sweet for what it is. 1/18-ish scale is just wierd for me. I like higher speed offroad bashing and I'm not running at any tracks, so they get unused and collect dust. Even stadium trucks don't work for me because of the lower ground clearance.
That is exactly my point of view. :-o
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Geez.....
You have to forgive me. :? This shows how long it's been since I messed with these cars. The Vendetta motor is plain jane and has nothing to do with the adjustable timing. It was the Fireball motor on my Mini-T. And even it has no screws..... you just twist the closed endbell as it sits in the can.
:oops:
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

ibjamn wrote:Geez.....
You have to forgive me. :? This shows how long it's been since I messed with these cars. The Vendetta motor is plain jane and has nothing to do with the adjustable timing. It was the Fireball motor on my Mini-T. And even it has no screws..... you just twist the closed endbell as it sits in the can.
:oops:
Thats cool lol

I just have the duratrax 380 in there now but picked up some VR3 motors to try out once these are no more fun.