More fun in the sand...

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

More fun in the sand...

Post by Sporttracguy »

So this weekend I took the mini DT out to the beach (ocean shores, WA) and had a blast with this beast. Im running 8 cells and a tekin brushless system. Keep in mind that when I was filming I was driving with one hand,,,I had much more fun when i had the use of both my hands, too bad I didnt get that on film.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hwgFfKCB1jk[/youtube]

As you can see, this thing can take the abuse...I had a hard time keeping this thing on all 4s

Enjoy,

STG

EDIT: Holy Shit :shock: dont know why this video shows 5 min of black,,,its only a little over 2:30, i promise..got a nice little flip at the end :-o
Last edited by Sporttracguy on Tue May 26, 2009 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Re: More fun in the sand...

Post by civicsr2cool »

That thing hauls ass! how can you say that the 4wd needs two motors! man!
[]D [] []V[] []D
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

civicsr2cool wrote:That thing hauls ass! how can you say that the 4wd needs two motors! man!
This video is of my MINI DT 1/18th scale, not the micro (as per previous video in hawaii :razz: ) I didnt get a chance to grab both on this trip.

STG
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

Sporttracguy wrote:This video is of my MINI DT 1/18th scale, not the micro (as per previous video in hawaii :razz: ) I didnt get a chance to grab both on this trip.

STG
You live close to the beach? if not how many trip do you go on lol....I know I go on a ton of them ( trip to wal mart, hobby shop, beer store)

That thing looks fun on the sand, I would take my stuff to our beach but instead of jumping dunes like you it would be rotting fish and waste :shock:
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That looks like a lot of fun. I don't know how you can drive that one handed. :shock:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

crazydave wrote:That looks like a lot of fun. I don't know how you can drive that one handed. :shock:
Left handed with finger on trigger and thumb on the wheel,,,its tricky for sure :cool:

VooDooMafia:

I live near Seattle (no good beaches there) but Ocean Shores is about 2-2.5 hours away...We only do that once a year or so. The micro was taken in Hawaii and that was a special occasion (honeymoon) so they are few and far between. The great part is all I have to do is a quick change of wheels/tires and Im back to the back yard :-o
VooDooMafia
bitPimp

Post by VooDooMafia »

once a year or not it looked fun ( Other then the one handed driving/filming)

Honeymoon I can understand but not relate to as 14 years and 4 kids later for some reason its never come u to get married :???:

you make the paddle tires on this truck as well?
I Don't care what you say PIMPIN aint easy, you Broke A$$ Mother F*&Ker
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

VooDooMafia wrote:once a year or not it looked fun ( Other then the one handed driving/filming)

Honeymoon I can understand but not relate to as 14 years and 4 kids later for some reason its never come u to get married :???:

you make the paddle tires on this truck as well?
The 1/18 paddle tires can be picked up at almost any hobby store
http://www.losi.com/Products/Features.a ... d=LOSB1165

For the micro T, I do make them myself:
http://bitpimps.lixlink.com/pages/phpFo ... 59&t=10289
STG