Exceed Mad Crawler

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
crazydave
bitPimp

Exceed Mad Crawler

Post by crazydave »

While I'll vouch for Exceed parts being decent quality, I have to say they're designs are sometimes a confusing mis-mosh of parts. The Mad Crawler is one of those cars. With what looks like 2.2 wheels, and super class style front and rear gear boxes, its hard to say what direction they're going in. It looks to me like the Integy and XTM crawlers, but with much of the alloy replaced with composite.
http://www.nitrorcx.com/1scexrcmadcr.html" target="_blank

One comment on youtube called it embarrassing, and knowing how critical the crawler community is, I'd have to agree. It's obvious they don't understand how a crawler is supposed to be used just by the way they are driving it. Which would explain why the truck is set up so wrong. It is obviously geared too fast, and has very stiff suspension.
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGa4ARTxaZ4[/youtube]

With all that said, it is only $169. At that price it might be worth it as the basis for a project, if anything you could build a clod style monster out it. I don't know, for all its lameness, I still think it's kind of cool. :???:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Re: Exceed Mad Crawler

Post by civicsr2cool »

I like how they call it a crawler and show a bashing video of it slamming into and over rocks!

I like the looks of it, I could see taller tires and a bigger body on it though.
I don't know a whole lot about crawlers but the set up definitely looks to have potential. Weird place to put the motors, looks like they might hang a lot. The front bumper will probably catch everything and is more than likely just for bling. The suspension is way tight and needs to be toned down a bit. And that damn land speed record gearing would have to go!! But overall I want one. I have been looking for a crawler for a while now, this one is cheap enough.

Nice find dave! :-o It might one day be in my arsenal..
[]D [] []V[] []D