Losi Mini Rock Crawler

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
Namuna
bitPimp

Losi Mini Rock Crawler

Post by Namuna »

Received my MRC this weekend (shipped USPS and arrived Sunday, figure that one!). Thanks Smoke&Mirrors, so far this thing is tons of fun.

So far I've crawled it around the living room and over my son's big mess of toys. Attempts were made to crawl the dog, but he wasn't having it.

Now that I have one, what I love most about Crawlers is it's you against whatever obstacle you setup (or go to), no need to have other people to race against (which is a real boon for me, since all my buds are married with children and busy as hell all the damned time!) to have a ton of fun. AND, you don't need a lot of room and it actually works great in a messy-assed house crawling over all the junk laying around (such as at my home!).

Now I'm already looking to upgrade...The gearing that is. Can anyone suggest what I can get to actually SLOW this thing down even more? I want this thing to seriously CRAAAAAWL, not to mention whenever my 3 1/2 year old son sees me driving it he immediately wants it and does nothing more than either gun it FWD or REV...So the slow-down would help out there too.

Re: Losi Mini Rock Crawler

Post by Namuna »

What? No love for the Losi MRC?
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Sorry dude, I have love for it.... I just don't have one.....yet.

Besides a higher turn motor or gearing it down, I am not sure what else there is.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

Looks good, eyed one up when they first come out! What type of bodies would fit on it for a scale truck look?
I love the lets go anywhere attitude of crawlers, just not the price of them!
[]D [] []V[] []D
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

I've been drooling over them since they came out. I was thinking 4-linked, Throw a Sammi or KickTrack body on it and I'd be happy

Here's a good starting point.
http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/showthread.php?t=194946

Um, no I wasn't trolling for that other board.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

frizzen wrote:I've been drooling over them since they came out. I was thinking 4-linked, Throw a Sammi or KickTrack body on it and I'd be happy.
Hell yeah! I want the samurai body for mine, but I use it for comps, and the samurai just wont roll over good. I have one sitting in my shop, but its a buddies that I'm painting up for him to look like his 1:1, only his is 1:1 is stretched 16" behind the doors.

I haven't gone 4 link yet, I haven't had the chance to design a good set-up.
1000+ post of BS.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

SHAUN wrote:have one sitting in my shop, but its a buddies that I'm painting up for him to look like his 1:1
I call BS! if there aren't pictures, then it either didn't happen or it doesn't exist. :razz:
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

ibjamn wrote:
SHAUN wrote:have one sitting in my shop, but its a buddies that I'm painting up for him to look like his 1:1
I call BS! if there aren't pictures, then it either didn't happen or it doesn't exist. :razz:
What my buddies 1:1 or the mini sami body. The sami body is just the SpeedWay Pal Samurai.

1000+ post of BS.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

That you are painting.... looks pretty good though...... it needs to be on a real 4x4 chassis.