team asscociated mini late model

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: team asscociated mini late model

Post by sidewinder »

You know, it might be kind of fun to make some demo derby bits :???: That looks like it should be just about right for a great derby body.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

Yeah I actually checked RS on the way to work to see if they had a ZZ If I could find I chasis I would complete this body but I dont so its kinda useless to finish lol...

Next project is a body for the propulse or maybe just wait for My T Maxx although finding a realistic hard body that big might cost as much as buying a lexan lol.
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

sidewinder wrote:You know, it might be kind of fun to make some demo derby bits :???: That looks like it should be just about right for a great derby body.
that would be awsome :eek:
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Ya know, the more I think about it posts like "I saw something on another board, so it must be true" are pretty worthless. I don't *know* that it works, I can't prove it.

So, I dropped $2 on 2-pack Handi-foil oven liners. They have wired edges, waffle texture, and mic about 0.005" I happen to have an Oz of ShoeGoo in my pitbox, a sharpened chopstick on my desk, and NO ACTIVITY on this board to distract me...

Rubbings done on an unmolested Nikko body, shoe-goo'd parts together, used the wired edges for structural in the A-pillars, above and below windshield, rear bumper, and rocker guards.

Ok there's a bit of a learning curve, and I don't have anything RC with a 7" wheelbase.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Not bad for a first attempt. If you really get into this you might want to check out the foil rolls made for this kind of thing $6 for a 12' X 10" roll. http://www.dickblick.com/products/pure- ... ling-foil/ :-o

And then tell me if it's worth it before I spend my money. :lol:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

great job frizzen :funny:
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Thanks guys, this was just to see if I could. Not the smoothest, and the panel lines should be deeper, and I don't own anything sized for the body. If I throw some flat paint at it, it should look ok; it'd be a trail rig, it's put away wet.

Now I know you *CAN* knock together a beater in a couple hours on a stock body. If I were to try to match the quality of the ones linked to previously, after finding something the right scale, I'd chop the body at all panel lines, bondo them to some boards to make Male bucks, and do it all "scale correct"...

Since this worked, I challenge you guys. Make something Aluminum-bodied.
-
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

now go smash it lol :lol:
:owned_ghetto:
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

Man, you left out the whole thing about find something that can kinda roughly fit, then build a chassis and/or make it fit, make it look all nice and detailed and real...
THEN SMASH THE FUCKING HELL out of it while rolling video. :roll:

Seriously, one of you guys go do something with aluminum foil or I won't show you the next body, and it actually fits something I own. :mrgreen:
Last edited by frizzen on Fri Mar 26, 2010 2:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
-
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

i was just kidding frizzzen :? but i do like the detail on it. but if it even gets trashed......SMASH IT UP!! :eek:
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I made one quick attempt so far; it's kind of ok but I think I need to find something interesting before putting much effort into this. I do have an idea, I just ordered the donor on ebay, so I'll probably have something in a week or so.
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

sidewinder wrote:I made one quick attempt so far; it's kind of ok but I think I need to find something interesting before putting much effort into this. I do have an idea, I just ordered the donor on ebay, so I'll probably have something in a week or so.
get that donor yet?
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I have the pieces but I can't find shoe goo anywhere... :mad: