Servo Help!!

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Servo Help!!

Post by vwmicrosizer »

i got a hitec HS-55 micro servo for my mini T. when i went to plug it to the reciever(which is stock) i noticed that the plug in is a 4 wire i tried plugging it into it several different ways. but nothing worked. i plugged it into my associated sc18 and the servo worked fine. i checked the atomicmods website and sent them a message about it. i looked at their HS-55 servo and it is a 3 wire servo also. please any help would be greatley appreciated.

Dave i know you know alot about these things. :reading:
sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: Servo Help!!

Post by sidewinder »

Does it actually say HS-55 on it? I'm wondering if they sent you a digital servo like the HS-5085MG, because with an analog I have no idea of what the 4th wire would do? Not really sure with the digital either, but that's just because I've never messed around with one. :???:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

yes it does say HS-55 on it. i got a email back from atomicmods and they said i would have to get a new reciever and esc! :? so im going to hafe to spend ANOTHER $20 on a servo. but atleast if a servo breaks in my sc18 i can put it in that
Pork_Hunt
bitHood

Post by Pork_Hunt »

You should be able to hack it on to the stock rx/esc combo. You will need to remove the servo electronics and rewire the stock electronics. Search around and I am sure you will find something. If not, post a reply and I will do the leg-work for you...
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

Pork_Hunt wrote:You should be able to hack it on to the stock rx/esc combo. You will need to remove the servo electronics and rewire the stock electronics. Search around and I am sure you will find something. If not, post a reply and I will do the leg-work for you...
well the board from the original servo got busted so no using that