Dave wants one of these...

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
crazydave
bitPimp

Dave wants one of these...

Post by crazydave »

Venom Racings Mini Giant.

It's 1/20 scale. Mini-T bodies look perfect on it, and Parma makes a panel wagon like the Grave Digger. I also think it's cool that it has drive shafts like a real truck.

Check out the vid while you're there.

http://venom-racing.com/product/mgmt/index.htm
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Sdog
bitPimp

Post by Sdog »

That looks fun.

Associated is also coming out with a 1:18 scale stadium truck to compete with the mini-t. It has 4wd, oiled filled shocks, and other goodies out of the box that does not come stock on the mini-t:

http://www.teamassociated.com/shusting/ ... kit18t.htm

check out the movie...
BOURBON TIME OUT!
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i don't like how high the battery is, makes for a poor cornering car.
i used to be cool
richh
bitGangsta'

Post by richh »

the minigiant's a blast. think of it as a mini-z monster on steroids. a little anemic with the standard battery pack/holder(6 aa cells), but put in a 7 cell pack (2/3 a cell) and it comes to life. i think it's the perfect size for tearing up the house. body is but ugly, but it looks like you're already looking at fixing that. there's a lot of discussion of the minigiant at one18th.com and minioffroaders.com.

here's a good comparison of the size next to the tlt-1, mini-t and mini-z monster.

give ultimate hobbies a call. a while back i heard they were selling it for $99 plus they have free shipping for orders over $50. or you can get them at tower hobbies for $109 and do the coupon code thing. best to get the bearing kit as well, especially if you upgrade the batteries.

also, in addition to the associated, there's a few more that just came out or are about to come out...

duratrax mini quake
http://www.duratrax.com/cars/dtxd11c.html

hotbodies aka hpi minizilla
http://www.hotbodiesonline.net/minizilla.html

pti mmt, this ones a bit bigger, but still looks like fun
http://www.one18th.com/news.php?subacti ... =&ucat=13&
richh
bitGangsta'

Post by richh »

betty.k wrote:i don't like how high the battery is, makes for a poor cornering car.
but it ain't a car :grin: .
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

I've been wondering how long it would take for you to start talking about wanting a 1/18th ride... I thought the Mini T would have done it for sure, since you used to have a XXT... Yeah... Those VMGs look like hella fun, I saw vid of a modded one on one18th.com that was killer, would have had me sold if I wasn't so broke at the time lol...

I know how much you dig the Grave Digger so I say you should just go for it, man...

@richh... I don't know how I forgot that you were the same richh that has one of just about everything lol... The people I envy the most in the hobby are the "one of everything" types... Ripper, you, Ahh5hit/BC... there are others, but that's the direction me and sg219 are trying to go in... we wanna be "one of everything" guys lol...

I just got one of those Duratrax Micro Street Forces a few days ago(thanks for the hook-up link, richh) because my involvement with 219s Blingy-T project was making 1/18th scale too hard to resist... I've only had time to whip it a few times so far, but I'm thoroughly impressed... Dinball has the rolling chassis version of the Micro Quake under the "Anderson Racing"(I'm guessing that that's where Duratrax gets them, since the drive belt on my MSF says Anderson Racing on it...) label for like $99, and I'm already having a hard time resisting lol...

Although, that Hot Bodies truck is what I should be holding out for... It's just soooo much like a micro version of the Savage, I love it... yeah... I need to hold out for one of those...
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yeah, I made the mistake of picking up a RCDriver magazine, and now I got a urge for something bigger.

I like the Mini-Z Madforce, but don't care too much for that gastank looking battery cover down between the wheels. I saw this and I was hooked, because it sits like a monster truck.

I had already seen that Parma body, and started making plans when I got farther in the magazine and saw they had done one up with that Parma body, and called it the "Dave Digger". I was like, dammit, it's got my name on it, now I gotta have one.

I was just daydreaming at $179, but if I can find one going for $99, I could get a lot more serious about that dream.

Richh apparently has all the goodies I just dream about. I wanna be his friend. Hey Rich, need another friend? :-)
crazydave's Gallery
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

do grownups get things for christmas? because if not.. that sucks, lol
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

stagg wrote:do grownups get things for christmas? because if not.. that sucks, lol
I'm not speaking for everyone here... but, my lady don't get me toys for christmas... she gets me dumb shit like clothes.

The beauty of being an adult into this stuff is that you can get shit whenever money allows... in the past week, I got that MSF, a MS chassis set, some MS shells, and a ZZMT... I haven't even had time to open the ZZMT yet lol...

@stagg... oh shit... is that offer you made me a while back still standing? PM me, I'd like to do that next week if you still want to, also maybe we can work out some kind of trade or money thing on that rolling xmod chassis if you still have it... but I'm DEFINATELY ready for that other thing we spoke about...
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Those are much too top heavy looking for my taste, but these will find a way here at some point in time.

http://www.hotbodiesonline.net/minizilla.html

http://www.duratrax.com/cars/dtxd11.html

Have to see what happens with the Duratrax one though... They suck about aftermarket support.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yeah I like that Minizilla alot. Looks like a mini Savage. I'd rather that for sure.

I pretty sure that's gonna be out of my budget range. :lol:

That Duratrax one looks pretty cool, but's got that low chassis. I hate that, it's like you just stuck monster wheels and truck body on a buggy chassis.
crazydave's Gallery
SuperFly
bitPimp

Post by SuperFly »

stagg wrote:do grownups get things for christmas? because if not.. that sucks, lol
That's why I'm here today. Thanks Donna!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SuperFly wrote:
That's why I'm here today. Thanks Donna!
Your lucky, I'm like Bird.
crazydave's Gallery
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

crazydave wrote:That Duratrax one looks pretty cool, but's got that low chassis. I hate that, it's like you just stuck monster wheels and truck body on a buggy chassis.

You can jack it up, and get some decent ride height out of it if you want, but I think the low chassis pic is just to show the "racers" that it can be done... Look at the last pic, it looks like my Maxx a bit with the suspention jacked up.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yeah, thet Duratrax isn't that bad, and judging from the vid gets quite a bit more performance than the Mini Giant, or the VMG as they're calling them on the forums. :lol:

But check out his VMG rock crawler, now that's what I expect from a monster. 8-)
http://www.rcpics.net/media.php?searchs ... h&limit=10
crazydave's Gallery