oh no, look what I went and did! (part II)

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
betty.k
bitPimp

oh no, look what I went and did! (part II)

Post by betty.k »

i got me a good deal on a hpi rs4 rally. great package, it's everything i wanted and more! i'm yet to paint the body (lancer evo 6) so i only got chassis pics for now.

so here's the good deal bit. all i wanted was the rally, and it was a good deal as is. but the guy drove a hard bargain and made it even cheaper if i bought this as well

:eek:

so for about usd$320 i picked up the rally and the mt (ep)! i originally intended to sell on the mt, but i tells ya, the more i look at it...... :sad:
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

You bastard, I want both of those! :shock:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

Shit man, thats a really nice car yea got...lucky basterd.
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

hehehe looks like betty is going to be needing some bigger ramps lol...

Nice buy for sure man... Those RS4 Rallys are awesome... hell, so are the MTs... you'd better not sell that MT... lol sell the shell and keep the chassis... hehe 219 is over here and he said he'd buy the MT lol... keep that shit dude.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

betty...all i can say is both those cars are awesome. God knows why HPI discontinued them.The rally car is moderately souht after and the rs4 mt 2 (nitro) is a very nice truck except for the fact that it is nitro, and since this one is electric and 4wd, im sure it would fetch a pretty penny. i dont recall many competitive 4wd electric trucks that are really competitive to it...maybe it was in its own class, and thats why it was discontinued. well it doesnt matter, id do almost anything to have either or both of those beauties!maybe now you can finally outrun that killer wallaby.... :cool:
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

dude...the shell looks awesome!
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Off topic interjection:

Post alert....

stampede_dude
bitGangsta'

Back to topic

Dude....the shell kicks ass!!!
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

yeah, i really like that bug body.

i'm thinking if i keep opening the box and looking at the goodies inside and squishing those proline tyres it might get accidentally built and have electronics bought for it! :smile:

i've been hammering the rally, it's a huge improvement over the old worn out alpha i had. all the included parts work beautifully and they've passed the cartwheel test many times over! it's a perfect car for me, little bit country an a little bit rock 'n roll :cool:

here's some under body pics, still no paint.
i used to be cool
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

thats really nice looking, so it was a RTR for what? $320.00.. and whats the deal with the MT; is it a roller?
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

no, it was $320 for 2 kits. i already had electronics for 1 car. i just hate swapping electrics from car to car so the mt will have to wait. but when the bb's come next week i might have to do some serious testing!
i used to be cool
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

ahh.. what EP and reciver,reciver and servo are u running? im looking for some stuff to outfit my 1:10 scale kyosho rally car.. it was a subbi wrx rally car, with the decals and all.. that body got cracked in half when my step dad rammed it into a car tire, fucking dumbass driver ( stepdad that is )

edit; for those places on the undershell, u can take a hole reamer, a couple nuts + bolts or screws.. and cut a baloon in half, stretch it over the area and mark where u want to secure it down, the make an adequate hole with the reamer, the put the holes threw the baloon in the same order etc. and screw it in, dirt/dust proof :)
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i dunno much about electronics for 1:10, i got a second hand rtr with the stuff included a while back. but what i got works well, futaba servo, apex esc that has reverse and does to 8t.

so backdrift, you got a kyosho huh? wanna buy a worn out alpha for spares? :smile:
i used to be cool
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

heh no thanks.. i got enough on my hand with no $ to spend on 'em