Oh, No, LOOKIT!!... ummm, yeah... (part III)

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
Bird
bitPimp

Oh, No, LOOKIT!!... ummm, yeah... (part III)

Post by Bird »

sg219 and betty.k are bad influences on me, I tell ya...

Where to begin... :???:

OK... as you all know, I hang out with sg219 and he is building a killer Mini-T... well that has driven me into 1/18th scale big time with me getting my Duratrax Micro Street Force(waaaay fun!!!), my as of yet unbuilt HPI Micro RS4, and now we have this... My Mini-T...

Now you know that since I will be running with 219s blinged out T, stock just wouldn't do... I got this used off of mjime714 from Frequency-RC and BannedRC, and aside from the pimped-out paintwork he did it sports a 3Racing SSG chassis and shock towers, 3Racing ball diff, Hitec micro servo, bearings, CVDs, Losi oil shocks, Peak Racing "Raider" mod motor, Novak SPY esc, and also came with a Novak XXL fm rx and a few other extras(pinions and a Losi 6 cell pack and stuff)...

The esc and rx in this will be getting the velcro treatment to be swappable between this and my MRS4 once I get around to getting the fm Airtronics tx I'm eying up to go with them...

OH WAIT I'M NOT DONE YET LOL...

Next we have the number one reason not to go shopping on ebay right after betty.k posts his new RS4 Rally lol... I was looking to score a used Traxxas 4TEC with decent electronics cheap, and came across this... and with bettys RS4 Rally fresh in my memory, I couldn't pass it up...

I got this for a steal from a fella by the name of "cjdaboozer"(not to be confused with our own "cjdashaqpimp" lol) and it is a Traxxas 4TEC converted to rally with with Nitro 4TEC arms(longer), longer alloy shocks, and the RS4 Rally inner body set, Evo rally body, and HPI rally tires...

It has PEZ dispenser heads for the driver and co-pilot... lol dude used Garfield for the driver and Charlie Brown for the co-pilot... I think I'm going to try to find a replacement for Garfield and move ol' Chuck to the drivers seat lol...

It also came with a Traxxas TQ radio set, a nice GM Racing V6 esc(handles down to 12t, I think), and a Trinity Speed Gems "Cobalt" 14t double mod motor... This esc will also be getting the velcro treatment so I can swap it back and forth between this chassis and my trusty ol' Rusty... Oh, and he threw in a nice Peak Racing stick pack, too, lol... plus, all this...

That's the stock 4TEC arms and shocks so I can run it as a 190mm tourer as well, and a nice set of chrome 5 spokes with some really nice new looking tires PLUS an extra set of brand new dyable white 10 spoke sedan rims...

I got less than $300 tied up in all of the goodies I have shown in this post, so I think I'm doing OK...

I have plans for new bodies and paintjobs for both of these(and my Rusty, too lol) to make them my own... because right now I still feel like I have other peoples' shit when I look at them... I have a decent old MRC charger that I can use for all of the packs for all of my various 1/10ths and 1/18ths, but I see myself investing in a NICE peak charger REALLY SOON, on top of the fm Airtronics system that I mentioned earlier...

EDIT... Both of these rides will be getting their own respective threads in the "it aint no bit" section once I have given them the Bird treatment lol... I just wanted to kill 2 birds with one stone here real quick.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Impressive man.. It's nice to see people switch it up between the different scales. I can't believe I got back into 1/10 as much as I did, and can still get busy with the micros..

I guess we're just sick with shit that can be controlled by signals....lol

Weird.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

lovin the T.. i was reading that thread, and planned on buying it.. 3 days later i had the money in my pocket and u had bought it.. lol
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Man, I'd love to get back into 1/10th scale, but besides $$s, I just don't have a good place to play nearby, been through that game before.

I'm happy with my Iwaver for now. It's the closest I've come to 1/10th scale fun indoors. 8-)

Someday if I'm lucky, I might get a mini-t, or one of a dozen (literally :shock: ) other 1/18th scale trucks coming out this year. Probably wait until everyone has one, and they're cheap. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

payaso wrote:I guess we're just sick with shit that can be controlled by signals....lol
Damn straight... in the past two months, I got these, 2 Epochs, an Autoscale Skyline shell for my iWaver, that Duratrax micro, the MRS4, a ZZMT, like 3 or 4 clone bits, a MS chassis and a bunch more MS shells, the SS Chopper... probably more... too much lol... sick for sure. Right now I have a $15 Shaq gift card and an "extra"(read: aquired shady-like) $50 bill burning a hole in my pocket... I'm thinking I'll hold off and get a little more money together and order fresh lids for these rides and the Rusty with the cash and use the Shaq card to get some xmod alloys for $10...

I forgot to give thanks to payaso for making the mini-t deal possible... thanks, man.

I also forgot to thank sg219 for handling the paypaling of money to people for me and just generally supporting and enabling my addiction lol...

lol get up, come on get down with the sickness...
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Don't mention it man... I'm just glad it went to a good home, and one of our pimps could reap the benefits of that killer deal.

Speaking of new lids, I just ordered a Parma PSE 1967 Ford F-100 for one of my trucks. Might have to mod it to fit like I want, but should look unique. I want it on the Revo, but it might end up on the Maxx.

I'm gonna toss the Traxxas Bandit back up in the FS sectuion since there seems to be a decent 1/10 buzz goin round. Still basically brand new, and I'll let it go cheap..... Somebody make me an offer.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

payaso wrote:I'm gonna toss the Traxxas Bandit back up in the FS sectuion since there seems to be a decent 1/10 buzz goin round. Still basically brand new, and I'll let it go cheap..... Somebody make me an offer.
Well the way 219 was lookin' at the 4TEC last night when I broke it out of the shipping box, you never know lol... although he's been talking more and more about Maxxes and Revos and the like lately... there is definately a bigger scale off-roader in his near future.

Then again... :???: How cheap are we talkin' here?

Regardless of what you put that OG F-100 on, I wanna see pics of it here... That would be truly dope on the Revo, and probably equally cool on the Maxx, but your Maxx is already dope...

Once I have most of the micros that I covet, and my fm setup and peak charger out of the way, I'll probably set my sights on getting a Savage SS or possibly a Revo... do they sell Revos as kits? I'd prefer to build a kit... I'm looking forward to building the MRS4 I got since I haven't built a kit since way back when I got my Rusty...
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

Does this mean were gunna have to change the name from bitpimps to RCpimps? lol

Now, once i get my cheap ass 5 doller an hour job at ym parents cafe, ill be getting somthing bigger.. I'm likin the Rally a lot. And the mini t.. and the Revo.. damn you guys dont you know its not easy for a 13 year old to get money, and on top of that SAVE the money, lol. Nice buy.. that minit was a steal, its 100 for just those electronics.
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

stagg wrote:Does this mean were gunna have to change the name from bitpimps to RCpimps? lol
Oh hells no!!!

When pimps buy bigger rides it has nothing to do with moving away from bits... I LOVE me some bits... it's just another facet of the game... hell, right now I have 2 active 1/64th projects and several more on the back burner ready to work on when those are done... then there's the ongoing xmod project, and now these... just all part of the game...

I buy clones compulsively, usually a few at a time, and have enough chassis, bodies, and other shit including a few pullbacks and 2 more sets of Scalas, to be able to do bit projects indefinately, and yet I still always buy more when I can...

Plus... this site is about far more than bits for me... this is where my friends are, or at least the people I relate to most in the hobby and consider friends, as far as whatever having friends online means... I would still hang out here even if I never touched another bit again... not that that's likely to happen...
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

ouch!! you got bit hard by the bug! :smile:

that rally is a sweet package, got everything i plan on having! love the pez heads :lol:

the mini t is cool too but what caught my eye was the velcro tip on the electronic gear! fucking brilliant! now swapping from rally to mt will be a breeze! cheers man! :-)
i used to be cool
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

betty.k wrote:the mini t is cool too but what caught my eye was the velcro tip on the electronic gear! fucking brilliant! now swapping from rally to mt will be a breeze! cheers man! :-)
I plan on taking that idea a step further than that with the XXL rx, and might break down and do all of them(my rx's) like this... I'm going to cut a piece of 1/8th inch lexan to just the same size as the bottom of the rx and have a little outcrop sticking out, just big enough to drill a hole and mount the little 3Racing alloy antenna mount that came with the mini-t... the antenna threads through the side of the mount and the mount clasps the antenna tube like a drill chuck when you tighten it... anyways I'm going to set it all up, double-sided tape the rx to the lexan with the antenna mast mounted, and then put the velcro on the bottom of the lexan... essentially creating an easily removable unit where I don't even have to mess with the antenna EVER... just unplug the servo and esc, and pull the rx/antenna setup out of the car...

So consider a setup like that... it'll be even easier than just the velcro...

I kinda figured you would dig the PEZ heads lol... I already found a little yellow "smiley face" hard plastic hollow ball that will probably be replacing Garfield(not that I have anything against Garfield lol, but, come on! fuckin' Garfield? not my style lol) before the night is over... and I fully intend to keep my eyes peeled for cool looking PEZ heads lol...
gnubee
bitThug

Post by gnubee »

sweet antenna mount idea. no doubt lots of us will use that tip.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Traxxas Bandit? Hmmm....I don't own a 1/10th yet. :???:

Payaso, help me out here...What the hell is a Traxxas Bandit? :lol:

I'm thinkin' of a 1/10th scale ride, but I'm not sure which one yet. I've been eyein' up the Kyosho Nitro Giga-something. It looks like a mean fuckin' rig!!

Or...

The new PTI 1/18th truck...http://www.ptiracing.net/index2.htm

Those on the truck side and I really haven't even looked into and touring or rally rides yet in that scale. Just the monsters.

Between Bird showing me rides and one of us getting them. Its pretty damn insane around here. My RC collection is almost ready to evict me from my room. :lol:

The PEZ head thing is cool.

@Bird, You could always use a "My Little Pony Head". I'll rip it off the horse for you if you don't have it in ya to do it. :-)
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

sg219 wrote:Traxxas Bandit? Hmmm....I don't own a 1/10th yet. :???:

You know that 1/10th stadium truck I got? The Bandit is the buggy version of that... I'll give you the rundown on it next time I see you... we still on for HobbyClownUSA tomorrow or Tuesday or whatever?
sg219 wrote:I'm thinkin' of a 1/10th scale ride, but I'm not sure which one yet. I've been eyein' up the Kyosho Nitro Giga-something. It looks like a mean fuckin' rig!!
Giga-Crusher... mmmmm... twin .26s... it truly IS a mean fuckin' rig!!
sg219 wrote:The new PTI 1/18th truck...http://www.ptiracing.net/index2.htm
Also a bad-ass rig with a shitload of potential... I myself have been secretly coveting it, among other things...
sg219 wrote:@Bird, You could always use a "My Little Pony Head". I'll rip it off the horse for you if you don't have it in ya to do it. :-)
Hells no!!!

I don't know if you want to be fuckin' with Ri's ponies... they're what she's into right now big-time(I counted like 17 of those fuckers the other day, and I'm sure that I missed a few at least)... you would NOT want the wrath of an evil pissed off five year old girl('specially Ri lol) to be unleashed upon you!

@gnubee thanks for the props on the rx/antenna idea :-)
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Bird wrote:
sg219 wrote:Traxxas Bandit? Hmmm....I don't own a 1/10th yet. :???:

You know that 1/10th stadium truck I got? The Bandit is the buggy version of that... I'll give you the rundown on it next time I see you... we still on for HobbyClownUSA tomorrow or Tuesday or whatever?
I know. I just wanted Payaso to post his up again. Hint, hint. I wanted to see it.

@ Bird...Its on for Tuesday to go out there. I bowl Monday nights. :drinkin:

I did see this tonight....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

and...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

and...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 20865&rd=1

and...

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... eName=WDVW

:???: :???: :???: