Look it what I found!

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
crazydave
bitPimp

Look it what I found!

Post by crazydave »

I was digging around in the storage room, and found the issue of RC Car Action I got my cars in Reader's Rides. They published them more than a year and a half after I sent the pics. The Losi was already gone, and the Stampede was right about to go next when I found out my wife was pregnant. I was so proud at the time, but it just makes miss them more now. Kicks me in the ass to open a magazine, and see cars that I used to own, and wonder where they are....

Well before I start to tear up... :sad:
Here it is:
:lol:

...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

that's cool as shit dude.
how stoked would ya be to see your stuff all featured up in a mag.
nice.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Wow!! :shock:

I never knew you had some rides published.

Thats cool shit!!

What else are you holdin' out on? :???:

Curious....What are the rides your runnin' over in the pic?
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yeah, I was stoked as. It was like my goal when I very first picked up the magazine, and I couldn't believe I pulled it off. Won a body from Dahm's too, for getting them mentioned. I still got the letter signed by Ira Dahm. 8-)
sg219 wrote:Curious....What are the rides your runnin' over in the pic?
Those my first 2 Stampede bodies and the original XXT body.
crazydave's Gallery
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

I remember that pic... I bet that issue is somewhere in the stacks of old magazines in the big tote box in the bottom of my closet...

That's still one of the coolest stampedes I've ever seen, man...
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Wow... Cool man. I thought about doing that , but just never did...lol

Maybe I will if I get the ford body to fit. Props to you man.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i've seen some of the plain rides they publish and thought hell, even i could have a go! great work man!
i used to be cool
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

betty.k wrote:i've seen some of the plain rides they publish and thought hell, even i could have a go! great work man!
Yeah, I remember seeing those plain rides and getting pissed that mine weren't showing up. They don't inform you when they do publish them either, so my heart skipped beat when I flipped the page and saw my cars... and they weren't hard to reconize with them bright ass paint jobs. :lol:

@Payaso, check out HPI's Bronco body. I was thinking if I had a T_maxx, I would have to have that body.
crazydave's Gallery
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

dave...that tekin was ahead of its time. id still have one today.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

stampede_dude wrote:dave...that tekin was ahead of its time. id still have one today.
At the time it was the only choice for a compact reversing speed control, that would handle mild modifieds, and was not only under $100, it was around $50. Good deal.

It was done in by a header with a Tonka trunk. The LRP ESC I replaced it with was crap, kept shutting down after 2 minutes, with the same motor and gearing that the Rebel ran cool with.
crazydave's Gallery
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

yeah. did you know that tekin is back and making a rebel 2, along with a brushless system for the mini-t style/scale cars and i bleive for the scale?what made me sick is i had money and as soon as i bought my mini-t a novak 5800 came up for $ 140 shipped...
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Didn't know Tekin was gone. :???:

Well, welcome back Tekin. :-)

Actually I think I did hear something about that. I still think if you're gonna drop the big bucks, Novak's the way to go for their top of the line stuff, but it's been a while, I don't know anymore.
crazydave's Gallery
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

crazydave wrote:@Payaso, check out HPI's Bronco body. I was thinking if I had a T_maxx, I would have to have that body.

You must be slippin bro....lol I posted this months ago. tough ass body at that.

i assume you meant the '73 Bronco?

here's one right after the paint.

silla :D

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Umm duh, no wonder I thought that was so cool. :lol:

I'm telling ya, my brain lately, I don't know if I should laugh or cry. :lol: ... wait I mean :sad:

So umm, yeah, that's bad ass, now what kinda Ford body you talking about? Parma's got a cool old one, '71 or '73 I think. I want the '70 Chevy, too bad I got nothing to put it on. :lol:
No wait I think I mean :sad: again.
crazydave's Gallery
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

crazydave wrote:So umm, yeah, that's bad ass, now what kinda Ford body you talking about? Parma's got a cool old one, '71 or '73 I think. I want the '70 Chevy, too bad I got nothing to put it on. :lol:
No wait I think I mean :sad: again.

This is the one I had the lhs order for me. Should be here tomorrow, but have yet to think of a paint scheme for it.. Got any ideas? I was thinkin black with the stripes in competition orange, or maybe a camo hoosier scheme too.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... LXFSP5&P=7

silla