First Timers/Entry Level Electric Off-Road

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
crazydave
bitPimp

Re: First Timers/Entry Level Electric Off-Road

Post by crazydave »

sidewinder wrote:Hey Dave, I just read your review in the May issue; which one of the three of the MRC's did you like best?
I liked the buggy. The sway bars and tires makes it more responsive to steering input, and honestly, it just looks better than the truck bodies.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

2 days ago i picked up one of the associated sc18 trucks. for about an hour i was confused on how to set it up. but then i had to do something with the binding buttons and after that it ran perfectly. but i am happy with the truck.ive been running it on half speed in the house because there is alot of slush up here.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

crazydave wrote:
sidewinder wrote:Hey Dave, I just read your review in the May issue; which one of the three of the MRC's did you like best?
I liked the buggy. The sway bars and tires makes it more responsive to steering input, and honestly, it just looks better than the truck bodies.
That's the one that caught my eye, but then I'm a sucker for buggies. It does look like a great deal, after I get some bills paid I may have to pick up one.

VW, that should be a great truck for you, and up your way you should have lots of good places to run it. :-o
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Sqwalerrr
bitPlaya'

Post by Sqwalerrr »

this is making me desire a rc18!!! :mad: i had a propulse truck, it didnt last long.... (hit a jump in an indoor track, hit the ceiling... not good :? ) but anyways, i loved it and still have a scrapped chassis. im not sure if i want to break down and spend the $$$. i have about 150 on hand, but then again my friend dose owe me 20 bucks :???: so should i pick one up? if so, what kind? monstertruck, truggy, or buggy?
hello world! Prepare for the gayness

Post by sidewinder »

I have always liked the way buggies drive, but it's a matter of taste. The trucks will have better ground clearance but wont be as stable.

You know, it would be pretty easy to make a new chassis for the pro pulse. the easiest way is get a piece of heavy lexan and cut it to length.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Sqwalerrr
bitPlaya'

Post by Sqwalerrr »

trust me ive tried to bring it back to life :-o but not only did the chassis crack, broke a dogbone, lost a steering link, stripped gears in the servo :cry: ... easy fixes, i just dont really want to put all that much time and effort into a cheaper copy of the real thing. ya know what im sayin?

so i think i should get the stadium truck/truggy thingy.... if one at all. i have some old highspeed motors from the propulse, do you think i should or could put them in? would the wheels i had work for it too? g4wd 1m s0ch a n00b!!1!!11!!
hello world! Prepare for the gayness
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

New RC18T2/B2s are coming out. They are belt drive, and the drive line is enclosed...
http://www.amainhobbies.com/product_inf ... y-Team-Kit
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

That looks like a great deal; any idea why they say your need a 3 channel transmitter and receiver instead of the standard 2 channel? Throttle, steering....and what? :???:
vwmicrosizer
bitGimp

Post by vwmicrosizer »

it might be a duel servo :???: . i think the sc18 is a belt drive ill have to look on the box :? . oh and ya i know what you guys mean by hitting the ceiling :mad: . i hit a jump in my house with my 1/16 e revo vxl and we have that like foam pannels for our ceiling and when i hit the jump i put the front end of my revo in the ceiling. so theres a hole about 10 inches long in the ceiling :lol:
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

3-Channel Transmitter and Receiver
Motor
ESC
Battery
Servos
Paint for Body
Glue for wheels and tires

Hmm it says servo"s"?? But I only see one in the pictures.. Im not sure why a second servo would be needed? Or where it would even be.
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

looks like a typo. chassis shot only has 1 servo and an esc.

if it were dual steering servo, they usually just go with a Y-harness. I didn't see anything about 4ws, or a mechanical brake, dig, spoiler AOA control...
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

That's what I was thinking, there would be no reason for a dig on a buggy, and if you had 4ws it would be way to confusing to try to control both ends with a different control.