factory team 18t

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

factory team 18t

Post by civicsr2cool »

put the kit together yesterday. took a few pics today.nice build but i have to call associated for the fourth shock cap. they sent a shock retainer instead of the cap :sad:
oops dremeled the antenna hole on accident :D
associated is sooo nice they sent me an extra shock retainer :-o
lipo fitment
tight fit

edit: lbrc dont you have this battery setup as well? if so do you have the power wires on the opposite end?
still need more shit to get her goin but im half dome now yay! :-D
Last edited by civicsr2cool on Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[]D [] []V[] []D
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

throw out those alloy doggies and get some MIP CVD's and outdrives.

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

ph2t i am only half way done with the build. i just put it together to get a feel for the car, and to see what seemed flimsy but it is some tough plastic, so i guess there wont be much alloy :lol: here is my list of everything to get or gotten

so far ive gotten:
maba competition package
phnx link
2s 1800 lipo
pcm safeguard
airtronics servo
factory team kit

on my list to get :
(2)super diffs
(2)set of foams(not losi's)
rpm wide bumper
(2)associated mip cvd's
(2)diff and input gears
(2)diff shims
hitec aggresor radio set

after i get all my required items above ill start working on my wish list:
proline escalade body
proline road rage tires
associated chrome disc rims
trinity mini monster spinners :cool:(stripped of blue and polished)
xxxmain racing graphite blank internal graphic
tc3 shock tower
and make some custom underglow(possibly)
Last edited by civicsr2cool on Tue Aug 23, 2005 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
[]D [] []V[] []D
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

dude, that's everyone else's wishlist.

as for lipo I strongly suggest the powerquset 1800mah pack, that's what I had when I had my 18t. fits fine with no modding and has an exceptional power output like all polyquest packs.

https://www.trickrc.com/index.php?main_ ... cts_id=156

ph2t.
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

i got the lipo already man. got the 20c version while bpp was dishin em out at 15% off n free shipping with the mamba n link.

new fitment leaves plenty clearence:

hole i had to cut to fit the beefy wires:

smoothed the top deck out where the holes were and got some decals put on:

another with the flipside:

here yah go ph2t:
Last edited by civicsr2cool on Tue Nov 29, 2005 9:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
[]D [] []V[] []D
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

worked on a few things, most noticably the heatsink for the esc.
the sink was cut from a bigger one for a computer. it was originally black, the whole outside is now polished alloy while the remaining inside is still black. looks quite nice:
[]D [] []V[] []D
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

decided to take some fuzzy late night pics
did my first lexan paintjob and i gotta say it was way too easy, my bleads were coverd my the window frame stickers :-o and the color is perfect, gunmetal and dodge green with a rip effect in between.

when i decided to wait on hopups and just see what happens with stock parts so i can save up, i got this on my first run

this one shows the mess under the hood, my esc is between the servo and the motor, havent had cooling problems yet since the heatsink is helping alot, im hoping

hers a shot of the esc, ziptied the switch to the heatsink, i can reach my finger under the body to turn it on and off, perfect

here is my huge rx im using, a traxxas 3-channel from my tmaxx, its actuall smaller than my traxxas 2-channel :o

in one of my nitro boats i have this old futaba reciever which is the perfect dimension to fit in between the motor and servo and is much much smaller. only problem is its 75mhz am, cant find a pistol controller that is failry cheap to make it work? any help appreciated :-o

with all of the factory team drivetrain and tightening the diffs all the way to lock i have to say its holding up way too well, more than i expected especially since ive been running on the extreme setting and on one18th they said my drivetrain would likely blow up.not expecting long life this way in my diff or dog bones sonce cvds and super diffs are comin.its amazing seeing this thing shoot like a rocket if i can get enough grip to the ground, got some street meats comin from tower to fix that. havent had anough time to go through a whole pack since it was really really cold outside when i was running it and there is now snow, its not fun at all in the house so theres no point. worth all the money i got into it, cant wait till christmas so i can get my tmaxx runnin so i can drag race it :lol:
[]D [] []V[] []D
PencilNeckGeek
bitHood

Post by PencilNeckGeek »

Good work,this thing will fly. Just go easy on the throttle...these green Mamba packages and LiPo cells are a blast.

Also always good to monitor the tems of the motor,as it can overheat easy if over geared. :-(
I blame bitPIMPS for infecting me with the savage urge to buy roach sized RC!
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

yeah the mambas love to overheat i hear but i havent done that with mine with the tallest gearing doing indoor donuts. a nice update too, im gettin 3 cell lipo since i left my 2 cell pluged in and its dead now. ans i have the street meats and chrome rims, i get way too much grip on my carpet, from a dead stop i can do a back flip :-D
[]D [] []V[] []D
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

havent updated in a while but she is still alive and has gotten the royal teatment now!!

i upgraded tx long time ago with the airtronics mx-3s.
2s shit on me so i went to 3s.
i had the h2o body and big rims for a while..

but pensacola sand eat up my gears and now its getting the rally makeover. evo body wit mrs4 wing, fartcan, custom tread rally tires, full mip drivetrain, ceramic bearings.

body posts not cut yet.

carbon fiber and alloy exhaust replica

still a big WIP, got shocks and front cvds still coming in along with new Ti ballstuds
Last edited by civicsr2cool on Mon May 25, 2009 9:12 am, edited 9 times in total.
[]D [] []V[] []D
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

Pick some of this stuff for your heatsink. It'll give much better thermal performance.
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

ya the heatsink had some of the tape kind already on it but i ripped it off and put a thin layer of that. i had lil left after makeover on my pc.
[]D [] []V[] []D
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

UPDATE:

she doesnt look as pretty as first pics but she is still MEAN :twisted:

spoiler aint last long neither did the muffler, need to figure out a better mount
has gpm 18r shocks, 3raing 18r cvd's, mip super diff's, Ti ballstuds, 3racing 18r Ti adj. links, mamba heatsink, and dual 18r front shock towers
[]D [] []V[] []D
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

opps. hit a ford expedition 5ft in the air, flipped off car and landed on cement with the tire still flying in the air..:sad:

now what?
[]D [] []V[] []D
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Re: factory team 18t

Post by civicsr2cool »

It is hard to believe that I have had this rc18 for this long but I have. I swear 2008 disappeared, skipped, or something. I don't remember a thing from it.. I guess turning 21 does have its blackouts..

Anyways the car has again changed a few times over the years.

I really hated the performance of the rally setup so I slowly made my way back to the 18t setup. I broke lots of suspension parts while it was a 18r and never could get it to top out high enough with the tiny tires so I threw on some TC tires and went for a few high speed runs.
Broke the hell out of it again after it spun out and hit a curb. I decided then to totally throw out the short 18r stuff and go back to my wider 18t setup.

Now that its back to the 18t setup I am trying to decide on a damn body. I have very little painting skills but id really like the exotek kuda.

I will be putting some foam tires on it, I looked up the 18t ones but i would like something stronger so I looked a bit harder to find maybe using some tamiya 1/12 M scale rims may work. Hopefully I can get a gear cover and draglink while upgrading this time around, Lord knows I have been threw a few spur gears everytime I try something off road.

Also while bashing I managed to destroy my mamba esc wires and possibly my mamba 6800 leads.
I found replacement 3.5mm gold plugs but I cant figure out how to open up the mamba motor?? I want to replace those leads as well but I am thinking a whole new motor is going to be the solution..

On a different note, anyone looking for 18r parts?
[]D [] []V[] []D