My new toy...

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

My new toy...

Post by skylinekid »

...I had been saving for about a month to buy a Mini LST and when i was on eBay the other day this one had just "called out to me"!!!! I went and created an account and placed a bid on it. When I got on the computer today i saw that I had won and was overjoyed. I right away Paypaled away $200 to the seller and am expecting it to be here in a week!!!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

I think I got a pretty good deal, since everything there is worth $250ish and I only payed $200 :-o
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Sweet. :-o

I'll still whoop your ass with one Mamba 6800 and beat ass bearing. :lol:

No, really. Have fun. I've beat the shit out of my MLST and have put many replacement plastic parts on it since I've bought it. It still goes great.

Please pay attention to the hinge pins if and when you break the truck down. There are 2 different sizes. The jackasses at LOSI don't and won't tell you about. The proper placement is key to breaking less parts.

Happy bashing!!!! :-)
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

That was a sweet deal. My MLST is shelved until I can afford to put more speed in it, so I'm jealous. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

Thanks Guys!!!!!

Thanks for that tip SG, I'll make sure to keep my eyes open! :-o
"...life is just a big bowl of cherries, a bunch of fairies screaming to be scary." - Limp Biscuit
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

Well i've bashed and crashed and broke lots of parts :-D

I've probably spent near $50 on Losi Plastic allready. Everytime I try to save somne cash to upgrade it, I get about half of it saved and then break the truck and spend all my saved cash on stock replacments. :o

I have rebuilt all 3 diffs and packed them with gear grease and earlyer today I rebuilt all the shocks, just before my run. I'm still waitin g on the free wheel hexes and diffs that Losi is sending me ( Just call 1-888-899-LOSI and ask for a Mini LST upgrade kit, and in under 2 minutes it will be shipped off for free. It consists of the diffs and wheel hexes :-o )

Today I broke the right front upper and lower arms, I laughed for a bit as all that was holding my wheel to the car was the shock. I just had to take a picture to show you guys, and then I fixed it up and took some more pics of her :smile: She's basicly stock except for the 24T pinion gear and 50T spur gear.

Pics....

Crashed

Fixed

Enjoy, all comments and concerns welcome :cool:
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Wow, you cant drive worth a shit.
1000+ post of BS.
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

No, It's called I'm not afraid to drive my LST and beat the living shit outta her :-)
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

skylinekid wrote:Well i've bashed and crashed and broke lots of parts :-D

I've probably spent near $50 on Losi Plastic allready. Everytime I try to save somne cash to upgrade it, I get about half of it saved and then break the truck and spend all my saved cash on stock replacments. :o
See that's exactly what would happen to me when I running 1/10th scale cars, and the reason why I'm afraid to run my MLST now.

I gotta know, what are you guys doing to break your cars so much? I mean trying to jump mine indoors, I was taking some pretty hard smacks, and I've only dented the body... Its gotta be the extra speed, because you did get those faster motors with it. :???:

Shit man I'm see too many broken MLSTs on them intranets. Now I'm not only afraid to run mine, but I'm afraid to hop up the speed. :oops:
Ya know, I've been checking out the RC18B, I'm thinking smaller wheels means less stress on the driveline... :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

Well the way I broke the Arms was that I was running it from far, far away and going to turn it around to comeback to me and it was supposed to go around a tree, the wheel/arms had caught the tree and the LST got yanked around and then it would barly move, so i ran up to it and started laughing :smile:

I haven't put the fireballs in the LST as they would require tonnes of modification to fit, all new motor mounts and all, so I decided to save up for a Mamba Brushless setup :cool:
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

skylinekid wrote:I haven't put the fireballs in the LST as they would require tonnes of modification to fit, all new motor mounts and all, so I decided to save up for a Mamba Brushless setup :cool:
Can't you just drill new mounting holes?
crazydave's Gallery
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

crazydave wrote:

See that's exactly what would happen to me when I running 1/10th scale cars, and the reason why I'm afraid to run my MLST now.

I gotta know, what are you guys doing to break your cars so much? I mean trying to jump mine indoors, I was taking some pretty hard smacks, and I've only dented the body... Its gotta be the extra speed, because you did get those faster motors with it. :???:

Shit man I'm see too many broken MLSTs on them intranets. Now I'm not only afraid to run mine, but I'm afraid to hop up the speed. :oops:
Ya know, I've been checking out the RC18B, I'm thinking smaller wheels means less stress on the driveline... :lol:
Quick Two Step Fix:
1-sell losi
2-buy associated

:lol:
Its better to be hated for what you are than to be loved for what you are not
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

stampede_dude wrote:
crazydave wrote:

Quick Two Step Fix:
1-sell losi
2-buy associated

:lol:

I concur....

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

crazydave wrote:
skylinekid wrote:I haven't put the fireballs in the LST as they would require tonnes of modification to fit, all new motor mounts and all, so I decided to save up for a Mamba Brushless setup :cool:
Can't you just drill new mounting holes?
The mounts would have had to be about a mm closer to the pinion so i would have one really big hole on the top and almost no material between the pinions hole and the motor mounts. It all seemed doable but a very unstable thing. I might hand make a new mount later on in life :???:
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

My ESC and Battery Pack have gone up to that Mini LST in the sky :sad: :sad: :sad:

Losi Promised me new ones after I sent in the burnt up ones :-o

I hope they don't break that promise :-)
skylinekid
bitGangsta'

Post by skylinekid »

Losi sucks :o :o :o They sent me parts, THE WRONG PARTS!!!!!! I got my batt pack back, but instead of a ESC i got another reciver :o :o :o

I was oo pissed and agravated to try to get Losi to send me the right stuff so I just spent (blew) $120 on a Mamba competion pack with the 6800 motor and some deans ultra connectors from www.b-p-p.com. I have them being shipped to my temporary home in Canada and my Truck in in Germany, and I'm in Hungary, going to Serbia tommorow. I'm also getting some random parts like dish wheels and some alloy sent to Canada for me so when I get there I can bot on some parts and have a REALLY fast Mini LST :-o :-o :-o

I get back to Canada at the end of August so then I will have some pictures of the new setup. :)