ANUBIS: The construction of...

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

You definately need to make you some shock towers... that ride height is crazy high and the driveshaft angle is too steep... I doubt the weight of the electronics and battery are gonna bring it down much, those shocks seemed a little stiff...

I aint gonna lie... when you first started telling me about how you were doing the shafts, I thought you were nuts... you proved me wrong, man... those are fuckin sick... good shit dude.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I haven't got much done on this truck for some time now, but I did pick-up some aluminum knuckles for it for $18.50 shipped for ALL 4!! I know I said those were going to be my weak link, but I couldn't pass that deal up!!

I also got this body painted for it by the WORLD FAMOUS......

CRAZYDAVE

Thanks to CD for hooking me up with two killer paint jobs recently. They should arrive tomorrow!!

Thanks again CD!!!

I'm shooting to get this truck done for a July 15th local meet.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

wow, the body came up a treat! the silver is so silver! :-o
i used to be cool
Clint
bitPimp

Post by Clint »

betty.k wrote:wow, the body came up a treat! the silver is so silver! :-o
Ain't that the truth!

Was that spaz stix for the chrome?
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Thanks SG, you flatter me. :oops:
Clint wrote:
betty.k wrote:wow, the body came up a treat! the silver is so silver! :-o
Ain't that the truth!

Was that spaz stix for the chrome?
Hell yeah, Spaz Stix rocks. :rockon:

This stuff already looks real inside of lexan, but looks amazing with the diamond plate texture. Wish I didn't send it off so fast so I could stare at that diamond plate longer. :lol:

Hey, what do you guys think of the color? SG wanted British Racing Green, so I custom mixed this color up. I've only ever seen the color in pics, and it seems to change with the lighting. I think I should have added more blue to make it a deeper color, but I had already mixed up enough this color to paint 3 of these bodies, so I decided to stop adding paint. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
r/cdrifter7
bitPlaya'

Post by r/cdrifter7 »

WOW! great job CD! your one lucky dude sg.

about the paint, i think its a little light but mabey its the pictures. in real life it might look deeper. either way you did a killer job!

if i was you i would try to get some green rings or what ever they are called and put them on the rimms. ill edit with a link of what im talkin about.

EDIT:http://rc4wd.com/shop/product_info.php? ... ts_id=1410

like the blue rings on these rims. idk if you can put those on your rimms but if you can it would be sweet!
The man who said, "Money doesn't buy happiness." never had any.
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

nope r/c these are the ones he needs:

http://rc4wd.com/shop/product_info.php? ... ts_id=1397

Looks awesome. That all-aluminum driveline is crazy.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

On my screen the color looks light but I printed out a picture and held it up beside my friend Dave's Jag and the printout looked pretty good. So I'm not sure which is off, my monitor or m printer settings. Anyways it looks great! BTW what is Spaz Sticks and where do you get it, the kid at the LHS seemed bafeled when I asked him. Is it like MetalFoil?
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

sidewinder wrote:BTW what is Spaz Sticks and where do you get it, the kid at the LHS seemed bafeled when I asked him. Is it like MetalFoil?
Spaz stix is a paint for airbrushing.

Here's the site....

http://www.spazstix.com/main.php
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sg219 wrote:
sidewinder wrote:BTW what is Spaz Sticks and where do you get it, the kid at the LHS seemed bafeled when I asked him. Is it like MetalFoil?
Spaz stix is a paint for airbrushing.

Here's the site....

http://www.spazstix.com/main.php
They sell it for airbrushes now? :-D

I used up the last drops of my spray can on SGs body, I was gonna get another can, but now that I know they got it for airbrushes, even better.

...and it says:
With faultless reflective finish and an even tougher finish, there really is no reason not to go crazy and paint every shell with Mirror Chrome
This stuff will wipe right off if you don't coat it with something, Now its even tougher? There is really no reason not to go crazy with it. :lol:

And I think you guys have confirmed what I already believed, and that's that my green is a little light. Just had to double check, make sure my eyes are working good. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

You know if you paint the fenders on the outside, you can get them to look matte like they are plastic, instead of the shinyness you have now. Still, damn, that's a lot better than I can do.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

midget_man1387 wrote: Looks awesome. That all-aluminum driveline is crazy.
Oh, your so right....... :lol:

I need to make another set of those sliders for Prometheus. They get a bit pricey though, I need 4 pair of the steel yokes to make them. They run about $20 a pair, sometimes I can score them a bit cheaper if I get lucky.

I'm getting tired of popping plastic shafts!! I HATE trying to get those damn jumping jack things into the ends!! :o
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

evoraptor wrote:You know if you paint the fenders on the outside, you can get them to look matte like they are plastic, instead of the shinyness you have now. Still, damn, that's a lot better than I can do.
Yep, I knew that. That's good for fender flares, but these aren't some bolt on plastic thing. They're steel fenders, so I feel the glossiness is appropriate.
crazydave's Gallery
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Dave you fuckin' rule, dude...

Wait 'til you guys see the lid he did for my trail rig... I've had it here for a few months now, and I still drool over it a few times a day :-)

Yeah, yeah... the rig is almost ready...
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Here are a few update pics......

I still have a lot of work to do. I'm trying to have it ready for a comp this Sunday. I don't know if I'm gonna make it with this truck or Prometheus.

Prometheus needs a motor and a rear diff and pinion.

As far as Anubis goes...

I need to...

--properly attach the drive shafts, in the pics, they are just chillin' there.

--figure out the electronics mounting.

--install electronics.

--mount the body.

--attach wires to motor.

--attach pinion to motor.

--figure out the battery location and mounting.

--attach the servo's.

--make the upper servo arms.

Not too much else, other than some testing and adjusting. I'd like to make some shock mounts, but I don't know if I'll have time to get them done by Sunday. I do want to bring the height down about 1/2" to 3/4" by installing some shock mounts. Right now the ground clearance is 3 1/4", dead center of the chassis.

And for the winter, I have one tire chain done, need to make three more.

Anyone know where I can score some TLT axle guts? Anyone got some wasting away?

Later,

sg219