Mini LST owners rejoice: Losi releases Viscous Diff set

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
crazydave
bitPimp

Mini LST owners rejoice: Losi releases Viscous Diff set

Post by crazydave »

Alloy gears. Pinion, center drive shafts, extra bearings included. Sealed, so you can change oils to adjust the limited slip effect. $62.09 Seems to me it should make the Mini LST's drivetrain bomb proof.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/De ... D=LOSB1250

EDIT: I guess Mini LST owners aren't exactly rejoicing. I actually think I read more good reports than bad, but the whiners post a lot more so its hard to say, but they will apparently get soft and wear down after 45 minutes straight of wheelie popping action with a locked center spool, 9200kv Dynamite C4, and a 11.4 volt lipo pack. I don't plan on doing that. A couple guys running 6800kv, and 7000kv motors with 7.4 packs and center diffs adjusted tight, blew the rubber gasket that seals it. Cheap fix and I still don't plan on going that fast. So I think I'm gonna go a head and invest.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
viperdout
bitGangsta'

Post by viperdout »

My friend just got one and blew it apart in 10 minutes. His spider gears were blown to smithereens with a Hyperion 6k and a 6 cell pack.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I might try it. My MLST has been sitting for almost a year now, due to shitty gears. However, $62, can buy a pile of plastic gears. :???:

I run mine with a Mamba 6800 and 2 and 3 cell lipos, so I see things going bad. I'm pretty rough on my truck.

I'll have to read more reviews and opiions before I drop that kind of cash for a one time investment.