Pro-Pulse Pro-B100 1/18th Scale Buggy review

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.

Now that you know....would you buy one?

YES
53%
NO
7%
Maybe, Maybe Not
40%

Total votes: 15

BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

dogbreathracing wrote:have you read anything I have written?
They are on par with the RC18T, but for a whole lot less
I didn't come in here and write a big long thread on junk.
Yes, including the following.
dogbreathracing wrote:the home track is good enough now that during our weekly GTG tomorrow we will be testing the RC18T, Pro-Pulse Pro T-100, and the Minizilla in a head to head bash fest.....pics and video to follow....stay tuned.
How did it go?

You have stated it's about 85% compatible with the RC18T, but you had to modify the arms to fit. Are the Bodies a direct fit, I'm not planning on putting the fugly RS bodies on my RC18T but what about putting Parma/Trinity/BRP/Associated bodies on the Pro-Pulse?

The main reason I haven't picked up a Pro-Pulse is the batteries. The have different plugs than my Mini T and RC18B/T and I don't like switching plugs on units while they are under warranty and I don't want to spend money on more batteries.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
dogbreathracing
bitPlaya'

Post by dogbreathracing »

you can always order one off the RS site at $99 and have it shipped to the store nearest you at no charge. It might enlighten your store to the actual cost and the money they are losing by not selling any at the higher $159 price...cause at $159 I am with you all the way ....all the way to your LHS to get a RC18T....but at $99 the PP is still a pretty good deal
R/C Crash Test Dummy
dogbreathracing
bitPlaya'

BilboBaggins wrote:
dogbreathracing wrote:have you read anything I have written?
They are on par with the RC18T, but for a whole lot less
I didn't come in here and write a big long thread on junk.
Yes, including the following.
dogbreathracing wrote:the home track is good enough now that during our weekly GTG tomorrow we will be testing the RC18T, Pro-Pulse Pro T-100, and the Minizilla in a head to head bash fest.....pics and video to follow....stay tuned.
How did it go?

You have stated it's about 85% compatible with the RC18T, but you had to modify the arms to fit. Are the Bodies a direct fit, I'm not planning on putting the fugly RS bodies on my RC18T but what about putting Parma/Trinity/BRP/Associated bodies on the Pro-Pulse?

The main reason I haven't picked up a Pro-Pulse is the batteries. The have different plugs than my Mini T and RC18B/T and I don't like switching plugs on units while they are under warranty and I don't want to spend money on more batteries.
Changing battery plugs has never been a big deal with warranty claims I have been involved in, as long as they were installed correctly and did not cause the damage being claimed for warranty....the stock plugs on the PP were the first thing I changed. As far as bodies ....yes most all of them should be able to make fit on the PP, the Baja body I have on mine is a Team Losi body, while the marks for the mounts didn't match up exactly and the PP front tower is slightly taller than that on the RC18T...everything did come together and I am happy with the way it fits.
The low slung race truck bodies will be the toughest to get to fit because of the difference in the shock towers, but the buggies and odd-ball bodies (Baja bugs, classic trucks, monster bodies ect ect should all be able to be mounted with satisfactory results)

As far as performance the PP is just as fast if not slightly faster than the stock RC18T, the two trucks handle equally well in stock form. The Mini-Quake (sorry I said earlier that it was a Minizilla but was wrong, it is a MQ) is faster by far due to it's larger motor size and gearing, and having quad shocks actually makes it a monster truck instead of a race truck like the RC18T and the PP T-100. But put all three of them on the track at the same time and the fun really starts.
As you can see in the vids, our track is not really a track at all but rather a large open area with several earthen obstacles, a free-style R/C park. We simply deceide which way to run, left or right and then the rest is pretty open to your own whim or whimsy.
You can see in the second vid that my PP came off that last jump a bit crooked and took a full speed cartwheel clear out of camera view (without damage) These trucks are tough, I can attest to that, no one thrashes their R/C cars harder than I do ....."I jus ain't happy less somethin's broke clean off"
.....and after several off-road dirt sessions of hard play I have yet been able to do that.....yet
R/C Crash Test Dummy
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Hmmm. You've given me something to think about.

Maybe I should get one for the wife. She snapped an axle on her Duratrax Vendetta on it's second run (well she did crash into my RC18B). Good News is that it is a part that is warrantied for a year by Duratrax (Stress Tech Part) bad news we had to make a run to the hobby shop on Easter Sunday to get a replacement (she upped to CV axles) because the replacement from Duratrax takes about 2-3 weeks. At least she'll have some spares.

Now how many Pro-Pulses do you think will show up at the 18th scale nationals. :-D
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
dogbreathracing
bitPlaya'

The weather was finally good enough this week to get out and play some........

...here is one of our PP trucks catching some major air

....and a pic of our backyard track

...RC18T over the center jump
R/C Crash Test Dummy