Damned Integy Parts

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Damned Integy Parts

Post by BilboBaggins »

My darling wife bought me the Integy EVO-T set for My Mini T as well as Integy's CVD.

The track owner warned me that Integy parts are a little soft so I was being careful when installing screws.

I installed the alloy parts with little trouble (I hate OH JESUS clips) until I tried to put the CVD in. The first one fit nicely into the Losi Ball diff the second wouldn't go into the diff. I put the dogbones in and they fit fine. Damned Integy CVD's. My wife bought 2 sets for one of her cars and one of the bags was mis-marked (on front CVD and one rear CVD in bag).

I love my wife, she called and emailed Integy over several days and finally got them to respond. They gave her a discount code on any order placed with them. We are getting some tools and Micro T parts (hope they fit.)

Now the first run on the newly alloyed Mini T and It took a few tumbles. I broke one of the new turnbuckles. While getting a new set to replace the broken one (Now Lunsford Titanium :-D ) the owner of the track noticed the the front chamber bracket (I call the "C" Hub) was cracked.

Lets look at the pictures of them after I took them out.

Just in case you think it was the angle of the camera distorting the part here they are next to each other.

I broke my rule on the Mini T, don't replace anything until it breaks. I'm have some dings on the front bumper and rear motor guard. I reinstalled the plastic C Hub and I'm looking to get a replacement from GPM if I can get it in Purple.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Damn, sorry to hear that man. maybe the parts will be just as soft for the micro t but since its so small it would seem normal. If you can understand that.
1000+ post of BS.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Man, that c-hub is jacked! :lol:
(Never heard anyone say "chamber bracket" before)

That's exactly why I hate most this cheap crap made overseas. Too many inconsistancies. I mean when you get a good one, yeah its good, but its like a crap shoot. People on the forums want to say, this brand sucks or that brand sucks, but they produce hundereds of thousands of parts and only a few people have a problem. I got some Integy UV shafts my Mini LST and they're great. I got the motor guard for my Mini-T and it works fine, but its durablity is of question. Now you got these C-hubs that are obviously not right, does that mean Integy sucks? In my eyes no more than Hot Racing or GPM that also offer parts of questionable quality. The problem is, as I've alluded to before, the QC of these overseas factories. We see many American and Japanese made RCs in larger scales that don't have these QC isssues, but are us micro guys willing to pay the price for that kind of quality? Hell no! That's too much for a little car. So we're stuck with the hit or miss parts we got.

Sorry if that came out as a rant, but I've tipped a few tonight, so I'm just flowin' :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

SHAUN wrote:Damn, sorry to hear that man. maybe the parts will be just as soft for the micro t but since its so small it would seem normal. If you can understand that.
That's some of the most sense you've ever made. The Micro-T is tiny, and weighs next to nothing. Does it even need metal parts? Ripper's chassis has a lot of flex, but is the Micro-T even close to heavy enough to cause that flex? I'm thinking not.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

If I was rich enough to start my own company then maybe I could come up with an alloy that both strong and light.

My wife was reading the forums at one18.com and she was telling me about someone who posted about the aluminum/alloy parts saying something like until someone makes all the parts in Titanium we have to deal with drawbacks of plastic and aluminum.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

shit, sorry to hear man. i'll make a note to avoid integy parts for whenever I get a mini-t.