Reworked ProPulse buggy

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
Namuna
bitPimp

Reworked ProPulse buggy

Post by Namuna »

After seeing Bilbo's thread about the ProPulse bundle, I decided I might as well add yet another R/C to the closet.

Right off the bat though, the nimh batt and charger included in the kit wasn't going to cut it for me, I've way too many LiPo options to settle for nimh...So I exchanged the batt/charger for alloy shocks instead.

I finally get around to checking this thing out this weekend and the first hurdle is that my Lipos (2S, 1100mah packs) don't fit in the battery area...So after a little bit of surgery (bullet connectors and dean's ultra) and electronics shuffling, now the Rx and ESC are where in the battery compartment and the battery sits up on the electronics area:

I wasn't expecting much from a Ratshack product, especially at the $100 pricepoint...But I have to admit i was impressed! With the street tires on and the upgraded motor in, this thing's got PLENTY of punch! And right out of the box it runs dead straight too.

I can't wait to get the alum shocks on there and slap the off road tires back on, this thing should be a blast.
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

I've been having fun with mine. I just finished installing the titanium turnbuckles ($19.99 at RS) and a new body.

I decided to go with the ProLine Hummer SUT, mainly because I had it sitting here. It's for the Mini-T so the wheelbase isn't exact, but close enough for me to fiddle with it. Funny thing is that with the rear mount set higher than stock the body sits lower than the fugly purple truck body.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
guerd87
bitPlaya'

Post by guerd87 »

how strong are the drivelines in these?

im looking at getting a buggy for a general basher with loads of power, thinking about brushless setup in one but i havnt seen anyone who has done it yet

choices? should i go a propulse for $100 or a rc18B for $160?
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Actually you can get a rc18 for 145. I also think you can get a refurbish rc18 for pretty cheap.
1000+ post of BS.
guerd87
bitPlaya'

Post by guerd87 »

where is that from shaun? the price ik was quotikng was from Tower hobbies

you have one of these propilse dont you shaun?
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

I don't believe Shaun has either.

I have both a Pro-Pulse and RC18B/T.

The drive line on the Pro-Pulse has been working great for me. But if you have a problem with the driveline most of the RC18 parts will work.

If you get the Pro-Pulse for the bundle price of $99.95 do it. If not the Pro-Pulse is still a good deal but you have to get a charger (skip the RS ones if you can) and battery. I'de suggest changing the battery connectors on the speed control and battery (and charger) to something better, I use Deans Ultra on mine.

At $160.00 the RC18 has a 1100 mah battery and overnight charger. I'd get better charger and extra battery.

Speed controls on both can run as forward/reverse or forward only but the ProPulse one should be able to handle modified motors and the RC18 one will not.

Either car you all have to change the turnbuckles to something adjustable (Like Lunsford Titanium).

I'm not swaying to sway you one way or the other I like both.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

I don't have a propulse or a rc18. I haven't found a online place with them for $145, but I found them for that price at two local hobby shops.
1000+ post of BS.
guerd87
bitPlaya'

Post by guerd87 »

ok then no worries

im going to be putting brushless system in so maybe the propulse would be better :???:

i have the batts and chargers etc

thanks guys
dogbreathracing
bitPlaya'

Post by dogbreathracing »

I do have both cars and have found the PP to be a very tough and stable platform. I keep it as a spre when someone breaks down beyond repair for the day, then they drive the loaner PP....most thought initially that it would be a step down to drive the PP but found that with stock electronics and motor that it was able to keep up with like equipped 18's

My RC18FT and my PP Pro B-100
R/C Crash Test Dummy
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Those are awesome, I have to get one of these.
1000+ post of BS.