THe god of dirt truly blesses us!

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
sidewinder
bitProphet

THe god of dirt truly blesses us!

Post by sidewinder »

OK, I could rambel on about how great this looks but I think this will do a much better job than mehttp://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/De ... D=LOSB0205
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Dammit, everytime I think I know what I want, I don't know what I want! :mad:

Dig the aluminum wing on that, and it comes with a DSM radio at that price. :eek:

Losi's got a winner in my book. :-o
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

crazydave wrote:Dammit, everytime I think I know what I want, I don't know what I want! :mad:

Dig the aluminum wing on that, and it comes with a DSM radio at that price. :eek:

Losi's got a winner in my book. :-o
Losi has a DSM radio on their Mini LST 2 also.

If the radio was capable of multiple model memory I would think harder of having one of these on order already.

But I'm not placing an order until I see how many people at the track are getting them and going to race them. I don't like spending lots of money on something and not having anyone to race against. I know I'll be running my RC18 and Mini-T on the carpet starting in September (I might sneak the Pro-Pulse in the 4WD Truck class :grin: ) and I may get a Sportwerks Recoil because there are people racing them there. But if there isn't support at the track I'm not wasting hard earned cash on it.

I already need to get a personal transponder (or rent the heavy ones they have) and would like to get a decent 2.4 radio that has multiple model memory.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I got the baja t in december and love it, we have two dirt ovals within twenty miles so I was just mounting the edm body when I saw the new sprint. Now I think I have to pony up the cash for it but I'm hoping losi will offer the part (maybe a kit?) to convert my bug. I wish the gods that be in the rc companies would offer kits again, all this rtr stuff is causing me to plie up transmitters.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

sidewinder wrote:I wish the gods that be in the rc companies would offer kits again, all this rtr stuff is causing me to plie up transmitters.
Do I envision an eBay auction in your future?
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sidewinder wrote:I wish the gods that be in the rc companies would offer kits again, all this rtr stuff is causing me to plie up transmitters.
:lol:
Too true.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I would but I'm a pack rat when it comes to rc stuff. I have old parts and pieces from stuff that I can't even begin to guess what it came off of. Every time I think of getting rid of a piece or part I think "what if I need something like that latter?" For example:

I don't know what it is, but maybe someday it will prove useful.
dogbreathracing
bitPlaya'

Post by dogbreathracing »

This is a very serious situation we have here.......I am seriously considering breaking out the tiller and tilling up all the jumps I just spent two months building....and then dragging my whole track flat and smooth again...I even know where to get a truck load of red clay for free....hmmmm
:eek:
R/C Crash Test Dummy
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

dogbreathracing wrote:........I even know where to get a truck load of red clay for free....hmmmm
There's plenty down here here in GA :-o Take all you want, we won't miss it :lol:
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I wrote to Losi to see if they would be offering some sort of kit to convert my baja to a slider...they of course didn't respond. I'm thinking of buying the body/cage from the replacment parts list and doing an aluminum or polycarbonite chassis. I'll probably end up with more than the $179 there asking...Oh hell, maybe I'll just but the damned thing. I've looked at the link about thirty times now...
dogbreathracing
bitPlaya'

ibjamn wrote:
dogbreathracing wrote:........I even know where to get a truck load of red clay for free....hmmmm
There's plenty down here here in GA :-o Take all you want, we won't miss it :lol:
Thanks for the offer but have already been there and don't really want to go back...........I'll stick with good old Oregon clay, hard as concrete when dry and slick as a brand new teflon frying pan when wet
R/C Crash Test Dummy
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I just looked through the exlopded veiw list of parts on the team losi sight and it loos like if you have a mini t/baja and want to turn it into the new slider it would be around $40 for the parts,minus the wheels and tires. you can spend a little more and get a painted body (why?) but the major difference is in the wheelbase and top plate. The extra lenght lets it use a AA cell size six pack stick battery so if you dont have any add that to the price. But it looks soon I'll have my mini slider.
dogbreathracing
bitPlaya'

The RC18 is a pretty good oval chassis also, wonder if I could get that body on one? :???:
R/C Crash Test Dummy
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

dogbreathracing wrote:
The RC18 is a pretty good oval chassis also, wonder if I could get that body on one?
the slider has a 7.25in wheelbase, the RC18 has a 6.1in wheelbase so you'd either have to cut the body down or strech the RC18's chassis.

I was thinking about making a piano wire frame for my Mini Baja's running gear and then just adding the body...and even though I dont need more wheels, those chrome wheels on the slider do look pretty cool.