Mini T boosted to Insane

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

well, seeing as I run lipos, I picked up a new set of springs. right now I have the firm springs on with some preload. It's improved the low landings but it still bottoms out when I go off a high jump. While I was there, I also picked up some o-rings. the LHS guy suggested them to stop any leaking.

I got some 30wt oil here that I'll try out aswell. maybe that will help with the larger jumps.

I meant to ask this earlier, but what's a good balldiff? I'm thinking this losi one needs to be tossed for something stronger.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Murdoch wrote:well, seeing as I run lipos, I picked up a new set of springs. right now I have the firm springs on with some preload. It's improved the low landings but it still bottoms out when I go off a high jump. While I was there, I also picked up some o-rings. the LHS guy suggested them to stop any leaking.

I got some 30wt oil here that I'll try out aswell. maybe that will help with the larger jumps.
I use 40wt front and 50wt rear, and the stock springs. SG told me most people at the nationals were running 70wt.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

ok well I picked up some 70wt oil. I'll give that a shot.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

seems the 70wt oil worked awesome. I'm now getting 5 feet of air off skatepark ramps.

I spent about a couple hours at that skatepark working on my jump technique. landed on my ass more times than I want to admit. But at the end of it, I was landing on all fours.

I even blew out the front tires a few times. :D

of course, I tried to go for some REALLY big air, which ended in a full-on endo.

Two hours of bashing and the front bulkhead is busted, the motor plate is slightly bent, and the spur gear is stripped in one place. To be honest, I was expecting more damage.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Yeah, my motor guard is slightly bent. I tend to land on my ass. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

haha.

hey what do you guys think of the GPM upperand lower front chassis parts?
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

I like them. I've always had good luck with GPM parts.
1000+ post of BS.
gnubee
bitThug

Post by gnubee »

is that a stock diff case in that truck? if it is, putting in an aluminum diff case will really help keep the heat down-gives the heat somewhere else to go. also holds the diff gears together tighter.

if the diff case has already been upgraded, i apologize in advance for rambling..
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

Murdoch wrote:haha.

hey what do you guys think of the GPM upperand lower front chassis parts?
GPM makes great, very sturdy parts, but I wouldn't pay $31 each for those.

the only problems I've had with GPM are that GPM meshes with GPM products only.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

gnubee wrote:is that a stock diff case in that truck? if it is, putting in an aluminum diff case will really help keep the heat down-gives the heat somewhere else to go. also holds the diff gears together tighter.

if the diff case has already been upgraded, i apologize in advance for rambling..
I'm runnin the stock diff until I get the MIP ball diff in.. whenever that's gonna happen.

and MM.. are there any other bulkheads I can use?

I got the plastic replacements and am now back in action.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

Spent a good half hour today just bashing on what I call the mini Baja 1000 Google earth coords: 49.473088, -123.745784

That's a big assed coarse sand plane with a 35 degree hill on the right. It was quite rough out there and the surface felt gooey when I walked on it. I also tried climbing that hill that's on the right. it's a 35 deg. hill. great for hillclimbing comps. I got as good a run as I could at it but I only got up about three feet. doh! I might go out there with some tools to smooth out a line.

when I ran through the 2 cell lipo, I threw in the three cell just to see what it could do....

40mph!

yikes!

On a parking lot, new asphalt, I started the run 100ft away from me.

Here we go, wide open throttle..

O_O

Wheelie halfway though! Let off the throttle.

oh shit, bad idea. that kicked in the brakes and brought down the front end hard.

The truck's fine but the pinion? melted like an ice cream cone on a hot day.
trekbikedude
bitThug

ahh those pinions

Post by trekbikedude »

yea, you gotta upgrade to an alloy one. I think robinson racing may make one. How is that mini-t? Could you try running it with a 6 cell nimh pack and tell me the speeds or just give me an estimate? I'm debating to put brushless in the Rustler (old school)

Or mini t Pro with KO EX-1 radio.

I love that mini t with some BRP foamies, its just so stable, it has never flipped on me witht the foamies.
ph2t
bitPimp

Post by ph2t »

ffs man...........

:?

not good.............
People are mean to you because you're a fucking idiot.
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Post by Murdoch »

ph2t wrote:ffs man...........

:?

not good.............
LOL. it's been fixed since. I gave it a final check before taking it out on the field to make sure all connections were tight. When things are butted up tight you can still see the gold. I haven't had any shorts for the year and a half that I've owned this brushless system.

In a little while from now, I'm going to strip it down and waterproof the whole system.

Trek: all my batts are lipos. no Nimh's to be found anywhere.