hey crawler fans

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
sidewinder
bitProphet

hey crawler fans

Post by sidewinder »

I've never built a crawler but this might be a good cheap starting point...I don't know...I just thought maybe someone could use those massive (looking anyway) axels or maybe even just upgrade the electronics for a cheap basher.http://cgi.ebay.com/Mini-4WD-R-C-Electr ... dZViewItem

it's cheap right now (except shipping) and I doubt these will go for much. On the other hand it is from HongKong but the feedback looks pretty good.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Looks like another Venom Mini Giant/A-Tech Leo-X/Trinity Clash clone... I've seen some interesting builds done with those axles...
midget_man1387
midgetPimp

Post by midget_man1387 »

yeah basically a VMG. you could make a 1.9 scale rig with those. If you want to build a crawler you have to go TLT or Wheely King Axles. Hit up scale4x4rc.org, there's always someone selling some axles there.

Building a crawler isn't going to be cheap. Red Rover costed me over $300 and I'm planning on building a tuber that will end up costing me close to $400, and that's a pretty cheap crawler.
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Crawling isn't cheap at all. I have $400+ in my WK, But it is a lot of fun.
1000+ post of BS.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Yep, it looks like a clone. :-o

I always suggest to "crawler noobs" to do a TLT crawler first, because the aftermarket parts are so easily avalible and in my opinion has an easier set-up for the beginner to make their own custom parts to use.

I'm not saying a WK isn't good or it isn't a good starting point, I just think TLT's are better for the beginner.

Either way it does cost a few bucks to get the crawler you want and the performance you would expect.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

That's why I got a TLT. Loads of info on mods and setups all over the net.
I got mine through HobbyPeople when they were still $69 :-o
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Bird wrote:Looks like another Venom Mini Giant/A-Tech Leo-X/Trinity Clash clone... I've seen some interesting builds done with those axles...
Don't forget Shumacher marketed it too. ;)

Crawling isn't cheap at all. I have $400+ in my WK, But it is a lot of fun.
Well I'm a cheapskate. I'm gambling I can build a WK for $275 that will be plenty adequate for me.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Yes you could probably do it for 275.
1000+ post of BS.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

The cost is basicly why I haven't built a crawler yet...they look like fun but it would dip into my "I gota' have a 1/4scale sprint car" fund so for now I'll just play with the little nylint I got from a neighbor's kid...he was going to throw it away because the gear on the axel was slipping. $5 and some super-glue.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
guerd87
bitPlaya'

Post by guerd87 »

my first crawler was a clod, sure it was good and climbed anything, but that wasnt the point, didnt need a linee with that thing, just push and up it goes

next was the juggernaut 2 that i posted on thesee forums, ive since snapped the axle and bent 2 shocks so i decided to start on my next adveenture

HPI E-Savage crawler

picked up a NIB e-savage for $300 aus which is fkn cheap, sold the shittyparts i dont neeed, made my money and now im just locking the axles to solid and building new chassis and links etc

if anyone is building a crawler, def go a shafty so you can learn to drive lines first off