Minizilla diff problem

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
betula66
bitHood

Minizilla diff problem

Post by betula66 »

Hey all!

Recently I've got a Zilla and put a Mamba 6800 in it with 3s LiPo. Two days ago, I lent my car to an aquaintance of mine, and then my Zilla got front-wheel-drive.

All the gears in the front and rear diffs are okay, and also the central drive has no problem. When I lift the car off the ground, its 4WD again, but for the smallest force(like goin on the floor) it becomes FWD.

When spinning the front wheels, the rear ones can be stopped by hand, although it should not happen w/ AWD.

Oe more thing: the two dogbones of the center drive spin freely, so the rear diff may be the cause. And I also noticed heat building up at rear right dogbone(when the rear wheels get stopped), though it is also in perfect condition.

If anyone experienced sg similar pls answer me, cuz good whether leaves soon. You pimps are my only hope... :sad:
Pork_Hunt
bitHood

Post by Pork_Hunt »

Check where the dogbones go in to the centre diff, and the rear diff. I had a similar thing happen with one of my wheels, my dogbone ate out the adapter bit. Look for hairline cracks around the sides of the cup/adaptor part. I tried gluing and sleeving but in the end it was way easier to just buy new. RCMart have them pretty cheap.
betula66
bitHood

Post by betula66 »

Thx for the answer :-o but either I'm clumsy or theres another thing, I cant find anything. No cracks, nothing I could imagine, but the problem still exists. :(

My rear diff must be thereason but theres nothing that could be adjusted wrong, it just needs to be put together, so then what else could I do?
Pork_Hunt
bitHood

Post by Pork_Hunt »

The little tab bits on the dogbones, otherwise, I can't think of anything else man.
Good luck
betula66
bitHood

Post by betula66 »

Pork_Hunt, you were f...ing right! Thank you very much! :-o :-o
Pork_Hunt
bitHood

Post by Pork_Hunt »

I'm really suprised that they broke to be honest, I cut one of my driveshafts in half and used an old piece antenna of antenna to lengthen it, and it was a bastard to cut through. RCMart has parts for these things pretty reasonably priced, but as always, shipping is a killer...