my ax10 scorpion

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
45tr0
bitNinja

Re: my ax10 scorpion

Post by 45tr0 »

rebuild underway :-o

axles were rusted out from all that beach crawling, new axles and hardware on order, higher turn motor, but the biggest change is that I've cut down the body to an open ute cab and have started building an exo cage out of brake line.

Inspiration pic:

I'll have a full cage tied into the rear tube tray. This is my first crack at Brazing, and after a couple of false starts yesterday i'm getting the hang of it - have knocked up the front hoop and onto the back now. I'm ordering a new set of complete axles as these ones are just trashed - also ordering a whole new hardware kit of nuts, bolts, etc and probably a set of better shocks - the RC4WD's look okay but lack the performance worthy of a comp rig.

Body cut, interior finished, mockup shots:
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

too far gone for a rebuild - this old girl is dead. axles, tranny, shocks, everything too rusted and far gone to be bothered with.... so for my birthday i dropped the cash on a scx10tr.

have been weighting wheels, mounting winch, transfering the alloy bits across - looking forward to a first run this weekend.

Has anyone had any experience with the cheap lipo's doing the round on ebay?
5000mah for $30 sounds damn tempting, but not if it's going to set my truck alight on it's second run...
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
frizzen
bitDisciple

Post by frizzen »

That was a killer looking Defender body! How did I miss that?

Sorry to hear about the truck being too far gone
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'