It's not Mastodon any more, it's Harry Plopper

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

ibjamn wrote:You know, if you keep coming out with killer paint jobs..... I may just have to send some bodies your way, and let you "Do yor Thang". :-o
Welp, I'm not going to stop painting anytime soon. So you know what you're gonna end up doing. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Went to the White Tank mountains yesterday, and played on some white granite rocks in a dry creek bed. The only changes I made before I went out was to bump the weight in the front wheels to 5 ounces, and the rear wheels to 4 ounces. I cut down some Savage springs I had around, for stiffer springs, and sprayed them with some Duplicolor enamel. I also lowered the body a tad. I had grabbed some backup batteries off the charger for the camera, assuming they were charged, but they were not, so I couldn't make an video. Really irritates me, because I love editing videos together, and this was a prime opportunity to get some awesome footage. So we're going to have to deal with a couple pics.

For no apparent reason, here's a pic of my kid next to a cactus.

He insisted on me taking that pic. Here's a couple poser shots on the rocks.

It performed well with the stiffer springs. It is still more tip over happy than I like, but I guess I'm going to need to build up a comp crawler to take on some of the insane obstacles, I can't help to eyeball, and wonder if I can conquer. I think I'm going to put the stock springs back in front and see how that works out. The 6-32 threaded rod, and aluminum tubing held up great. I did get one nasty dent in a tube, but the rod hardly bent. Day ended early when I snapped a lower link mount.
crazydave's Gallery
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Love the kid/cactus shot. You'll want to save that for when he starts bringing girls home, sure embarasing them sounds cruel but its a hell of a lot of fun :eek: Pus by the time they're in there teens they know everything there is to know anyway so they should expect it right? Oh yeah, the other shots look good too...
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Pork_Hunt
bitHood

Post by Pork_Hunt »

Awesome cactus!
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sidewinder wrote:Love the kid/cactus shot. You'll want to save that for when he starts bringing girls home, sure embarasing them sounds cruel but its a hell of a lot of fun :eek: Pus by the time they're in there teens they know everything there is to know anyway so they should expect it right? Oh yeah, the other shots look good too...
My kid is a goof. We'll have pul-enty of embarrassing shots to pull out later, when he needs to put back in his place. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

The rig looks great man :-o

Nice cactus...... I mean kid......
1000+ post of BS.