Turn your RC18R into an ACTUAL RALLY CAR

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

So far with what ive done to this thing I haven't had any problems. I have probably run 15 packs through it while going over dirt, gravel, pavement, grass...I havent had the guts to go through pure sand but I think for the most part its as bulletproof as it will get. Here in Washington we don't exactly have much sand to worry about anyways.

I think having the gear cover, the under body hole closed up and a buggy body velcrowed to the chassis really help with the debris.

STG
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

thing looks fucking sweet man! wish i could have gotten the gear covers and stuff for mine, i go through gears every once in a while too.

if you need any parts if you break htem or not im parting mine out, i rallied too hard at 50mph.

i think i am liking the handling as a truck alot more, this thing flips like crazy at high speeds. but i do gotta try and bullet proof it like yours, every crash due to front end damage is a broken shock.
[]D [] []V[] []D
jamesban

Post by jamesban »

Excellent! Do you happen to have a part number or link for those shocks? I'd like to get the exact same set. Thanks.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

the shocks are just the upgraded oil ae shocks for the rc18t,, nothing special. any of the rc18t shocks will give you the correct height for a rally car.

STG
jamesban

Post by jamesban »

found em:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... LXJHW0&P=7

So with putting rears on the front did the car sit level or did it need some adjustments?

P.S. How about some more pics if you have it completed with the new body and all?
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

with the shocks, the origional rc18r shocks are the same length front and back (unlike the rc18T where the fronts are shorter than the rears). So you will need two sets of rear rc18T shocks to increase the travel equaly front and back.

EDIT: ok, pictures

STG
jamesban

Post by jamesban »

Sweet!
jamesban

Post by jamesban »

I have an RC18B and I was able to get more ground clearance with the 3racing shocks and shock towers. Your project has got me ordering parts to make my Tamiya TT01 into a rally car though. How soft/hard do you have the suspension set for rally?
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

Well im not sure how you would explain how stiff or soft the suspension is for rally,,, for me the suspension is on the stiffer side but it all depends on what you are doing with it. I tend to drive on pavement and then on packed gravel and dirt with minimal jumping. If you were really taking it off road (which i doubt) you would want to sponge up the suspension up a bit.

STG
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Well... I hate when people do this, but I really don't feel like starting a new thread for it. Sooo, my apologies, but,

My rally car wants to eat your rally car. :razz:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
SHAUN
bitDisciple

Post by SHAUN »

Is that a head and fuel tank I see under that body!? Thats awesome, we need some body off shots.
1000+ post of BS.
Sporttracguy
bitNinja

Post by Sporttracguy »

crazydave wrote: My rally car wants to eat your rally car. :razz:
Yeah, well at least my rally car actually looks like a rally car :razz:

STG
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Sporttracguy wrote:
crazydave wrote: My rally car wants to eat your rally car. :razz:
Yeah, well at least my rally car actually looks like a rally car :razz:

STG
Whada you sayin' It's a hatchback, I put a wing on it, that's a Rally car. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"