Pro Pulse

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Pro Pulse

Post by sidewinder »

I was just wondering how those of you who jumped on the pro pulse deals like them after a bit of time has passed? I haven't seen anyone talking about them or doing anything to mod one for a while. Just wondering because I saw one a the LHS some kid wants to unload cheap. Have they held up at all?
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
evoraptor
bitNinja

Post by evoraptor »

I beat the crap out of mine and it's fine. If you can get one cheap, it'll last you a while. (Mine has been through rivers, rocks, 10 foot falls, jumps, etc. and still running fine.)
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

I still have a few and the wife and I still like them. I may even race one of mine next indoor season if I can keep enough cash flow to race.

I still have 2 NIB in my basement. Hmmm Trade Bait, or cash sale.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
v137a
bitHood

Post by v137a »

I started out 18th scale on the Pro-Pulse, but I changed over to the 18T & R. I drive my small electrics to the point of destruction, and I kept running into trying to adapt 18T parts to the PP for the things that aren't direct swap. Specifically bumpers. Lots of bumper breakage, or chassis breakage around where a bumper didn't give.

In terms of durability, the PP seems fine. The only things I've broken were the result of doing stupid things with brushless motors, ramps, and curbs.

There are pieces of the PP that I like better, though - The way the top deck and body mounts are built and the steering design and saver. I took the PP saver and put it on one 18T that simply refused to steer correctly even with the drag link, and it solved the problem.

I put the PP back to stock, and its future will be jumping the railing on my back deck. There's a three-story drop on the other side of that railing... :-D