SWG is Going 1/10 Scale WK

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

SWG is Going 1/10 Scale WK

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Ok everyone is doing it so why can’t I? I started building the “Redneck Dawg”!

Thanks to Ripper who built me a custom Chassis and my inspiration with “Creaky” and also Crazy Dave who also inspired me I have started on my Wheely King!

The Chassis should be in soon and then I can start fitting everything together. For now I am going to use the Stock wheels and tires, as they will fit better with the Redneck theme. I purchased a 1957 Chevy body and started hacking it up. The side windows and bed have been removed. I cut out the (for lack of a better word) decorative bumps on the hood and have puttied them in.

My plan is to make a realistic 4X4 Chevy truck with Rust and faded paint using every trick I have learned to make it as real looking as possible but still a usable trail rig/crawler!

Here are some beginning pictures:

My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics:
BilboBaggins
bitHobbit

Post by BilboBaggins »

Damn, everyone seems to be building these slow moving (but goes through nearly everything) vehicles.

I may have to beg borrow and steal so I can get one running.
Sitting at my workbench in my comfortable little Hobbit hole.
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Now that's just crazy. It will look nothing like those pictures. :lol:
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Hey SWG, If you want really real I do static models and found a great way to get real rust. Take and spray some clear wher you want the rust...now take some powdered steel (get it from a grinder at a local machine shop...they'll think your crazy but they usualy just give you some) the finer gring the better. while the clear is still wet dust the powder on and when its dry lightly recoat with clear to set it. Let it sit a day or so to make sure its really set then take steel wool and lightly remaove the top layer of clear. Spray a little water on it and sit it outside for a couple of days (in Ohio, the rust belt...it might take a little longer down your way). With some practice you can have really athentic rust for seems or around window moldings etc.

For example: 1/24 scale hemi (not mine, I'm away from home right now and had to borrow a pic)

The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
steelwoolghandi
bitPimp

Post by steelwoolghandi »

Cool Sidewinder I have rusted models before but always using different ways but never with real metal bits thats a cool idea make rust with real rust! Briliant!!!! :-)
My other hangout! R7R
My Bitpimps Gallery of Pics: