losi mlst & mlst2

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
tyhodge07
bitThug

losi mlst & mlst2

Post by tyhodge07 »

i got this bad boy on the way, was needing a larger scale for the summer, and traded off a micro for this. the plans i have right now to finish by the end of the summer are the exotek chassis conversion, the wide arm conversion, than i plan to get some hpi wheels with the 1/10 hole shot buggy rear tires, also the jconcepts illuzion body

got my mlst2 today, heres pics of that!

Last edited by tyhodge07 on Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Does that still have the stock diffs? That's my major glitch with mine. With the stock center diff, it just drives with the front wheels. I wore my front center dogbone right out, and the wheel ones took a beating too. I tried locking the center diff, and I can't go a full run without shredding the front and rear diffs. So I'd say the center ball diff is pretty much imperative, and the metal geared front and rear diffs are highly recommended also. Every time I add up all that money, I buy a new RC instead. :lol:
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

id imagin its all stock, it will get rebuilt for brushless sometime, so all t hat will need changed anyways, i usualy buy stuff and upgrade the parts as they break. i think i read somewhere where someone was runing lst gears on theirs in the gearbox or something. and their running a pretty quick larger can bl motor.
dogbreathracing
bitPlaya'

Post by dogbreathracing »

We have those ball center diffs and I think we have the diff gear sets too (but I'd have to look to be sure) over at TheToyz.com...also have a pretty good bunch of guys who already have that truck, they can offer you a wealth of info for the asking.....try the forums...
R/C Crash Test Dummy
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

dogbreathracing wrote:We have those ball center diffs and I think we have the diff gear sets too (but I'd have to look to be sure) over at TheToyz.com...also have a pretty good bunch of guys who already have that truck, they can offer you a wealth of info for the asking.....try the forums...
so the lst ball diffs do work on the mlst?

and im already a member on thetoyz forum. i think im a member of every forum, lol
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

tyhodge07 wrote:
dogbreathracing wrote:We have those ball center diffs and I think we have the diff gear sets too (but I'd have to look to be sure) over at TheToyz.com...also have a pretty good bunch of guys who already have that truck, they can offer you a wealth of info for the asking.....try the forums...
so the lst ball diffs do work on the mlst?

and im already a member on thetoyz forum. i think im a member of every forum, lol
The LST is an 1/8th scale nitro RC, no ball diffs in there, but the Mini-T ball diff drops right in.

Ball diff:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/De ... D=LOSB1125

F/R metal gear diff:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/De ... D=LOSB0941

Or you can opt for the fluid filled viscous gear set, but it's only rated for a 5400kv brushless:
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/De ... D=LOSB1250
crazydave's Gallery
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

i read that someone used the mini inferno ball diffs and never had a problem since and their running the mamba on it.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I've read that Mini Inferno diffs will fit, but I can not confirm that first hand.
crazydave's Gallery
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

Well, I got my mlst today and got a good cleaning done on it and oil'd all the bearings in it, put a new antenna wire on it, new body posts, new tube antenna. And next I need to get a new servo. 1 of the 2 are bad, thats why one wheel is sorta off since the bad servo isnt in it.

crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

When you say that the wheel is sorta off, are you talking about how it turns in slightly? If that is the case, that is normal, it comes set with toe in, you just need to adjust the trim on your Tx so it tracks straight. I like some toe in on loose surfaces, but if it bothers you, you can shave the ball ends down on the steering linkages, so you can tighten them a couple more turns.

I blew out a servo, and since it still had one servo working, it still worked fine, but made loud clicks when I turned it to one side. Horizon wants $24 for a replacement, but I found one somewhere (probably ebay) for $13.99.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/De ... D=LOSB0815
crazydave's Gallery
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

as in it being off, one wheels was turned alittle and the other was straight. i think im gonna run 1 servo and save the money to hold back for the exotek chassis. i plan to get the chassis and dont really see a point in blowing money on a servo that wont work with it.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

tyhodge07 wrote:as in it being off, one wheels was turned alittle and the other was straight. i think im gonna run 1 servo and save the money to hold back for the exotek chassis. i plan to get the chassis and dont really see a point in blowing money on a servo that wont work with it.
You are confusing me. I just told you it is normal for the wheels to turn in, and described how a broken servo would react. Please re-read my last post. So then why are you talking about running one servo? If two servos can't hang, then you'll blow out one stock servo before you can blink, and I would love to have the Exotek chassis, but I don't have $80 to throw around, so it isn't pointless for me to spend $15 to continue enjoying my car.

I'm just trying to be helpful here, and share my experience, but if you're going to ignore me, and go about your merry way, then I'm done, have fun. :(
crazydave's Gallery
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

crazydave wrote:
tyhodge07 wrote:as in it being off, one wheels was turned alittle and the other was straight. i think im gonna run 1 servo and save the money to hold back for the exotek chassis. i plan to get the chassis and dont really see a point in blowing money on a servo that wont work with it.
You are confusing me. I just told you it is normal for the wheels to turn in, and described how a broken servo would react. Please re-read my last post. So then why are you talking about running one servo? If two servos can't hang, then you'll blow out one stock servo before you can blink, and I would love to have the Exotek chassis, but I don't have $80 to throw around, so it isn't pointless for me to spend $15 to continue enjoying my car.

I'm just trying to be helpful here, and share my experience, but if you're going to ignore me, and go about your merry way, then I'm done, have fun. :(
both wheels are supposed to be aligned straight, 1 was straight, the other was off the the right, you couldnt drive it that way, since it would pretty much and prolly make you go into circles because of the wheel that wasnt straight. im thinking the guy i got it from ran into something with the wheel that was bent a different way and thats why it was all not aligned right. and for me going with the exotek chassis which runs with a 1/10 servo, to me t heres no point in droping money for a new servo that wont work with the exotek chassis. right now im running 1 stock servo and the broken servo i took a couple gears out of so it basically just sits there to help it turn for the servo horn to be held to something. ofcourse the good servo wont last very long, but its working and doing the job now.
tyhodge07
bitThug

Post by tyhodge07 »

got a mlst2 on the way now :grin:
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

So wait, what are you doing with the first one? If your going to get rid of it let me know how much you want, between the dead one I got from the hobby shop and that one I think I could put together a great basher.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand