E-Revo

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up electric offroad RCs.
sidewinder
bitProphet

E-Revo

Post by sidewinder »

Man, if I could justify spending this kind of money on a toy... :shock:

This thing is wild, It's $449 at hobbytown on pre-order...lipo and brushless ready (that's what they say but I'm not sure what they mean since you can upgrade many, many RCs pretty easily).

http://www.traxxas.com/products/promo/5605_promo.htm
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Smoke&Mirrors
bitGangsta'

Post by Smoke&Mirrors »

I have mixed feelings on this. It really is a sleek and polished design, but for that price, I would rather buy a Nitro Traxxas and upgrade the hell out of it. Also it boasts its training mode. For beginners and your friends who haven't used it. So first off, what is an amateur doing buying a $450 electric rc? Second of all, if I paid that much for it and my friend wanted to use it. My training switch would be a kill switch. :o . I'd say for no more $300 would be a reasonable price. Just my opinion, very little fact.
Project Willy
ZZMT
-Articulation Mod
-288:1 Gear Ratio
-BB Steering Servo
-Extended Wheelbase
-Widened Axles
-Polaris ATV Tires
-Dean Plugs
-1:35 Scale Willy's Flatfender body
crazydave
bitPimp

Re: E-Revo

Post by crazydave »

sidewinder wrote:Man, if I could justify spending this kind of money on a toy... :shock:

This thing is wild, It's $449 at hobbytown on pre-order...lipo and brushless ready (that's what they say but I'm not sure what they mean since you can upgrade many, many RCs pretty easily).

http://www.traxxas.com/products/promo/5605_promo.htm
By Lipo and Brushless ready, they mean that the drive train has been beefed up to handle the power.
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

OH, I get it...thanks Dave.

I agree the price seems a little steep...Oh and Smoke, I think the training mode was probably thought up by someone who's married. I can almost hear it now, "I didn't say anything when you bought the stupid thing...even though it cost nearly as much as a anew dishwasher would have, but if you think I'm just going to stand here and watch you tell my brother tha he can't play with your little truck...well just see what hapens next time you want a favor from me." :-x
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

The new E-Revo is a bad boy.

Got all the goodies from his nitro counter part, but half the maintenence.

The way R/C has shifted in the last few months, nitro is going to be for beginners (cause they're cheaper to buy) and electrics (the high end ones) will be the bad asses.

Endless torque, 70K rpm motors, 40 min run times off lipos. Faster than nitros, quicker off the line, no tuning day to day, hour to hour.

The die hard gear heads will keep at the nitro. But the speed freaks will, and are converting their nitros over. People have been converting their Nitro Revos for years now. They're also converting 1/8 truggies, 1/8 buggies to brushless. Fuckin things scoot.

[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U1HeCHKZpGk[/YouTube]

[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWK2-gCSn5o[/YouTube]

[YouTube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_2dIbCChhuc[/YouTube]

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
civicsr2cool
bitNinja

Post by civicsr2cool »

ooh ooh ooh I want one of these! Been eying the nitro conversions forever and waiting to see what the rtr was gonna look like and I'm very impressed!

Now I just have to wait until a roller or two finds its way onto eBay, i never liked the twin motors on my E-MAXX, and I just have to go brushless on every r/c I own :-o

As for the price its a pretty good deal I think, especially for a beginner. All teh E-REVO conversions i have seen have been 700+ easy..
[]D [] []V[] []D
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

That was pretty impressive. I've seen some guys online who were playing with 1/4 scale cars and electric/brushless but I haven't seen a video of one running. I'm guessing the 1/8 scale trucks would weigh nearly as much as a 2wd 1/4 scale sprint car :???: Man, I may have to think about a build... I'd better do some research first...but damn payaso I think you may have inspired me. 8-)
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

The difference between 1/8 and 1/4 is huge. 1/8 buggy can weigh anywhere from 7lbs to 10lbs maybe. 1/8 truggy weighs in at about 9lbs to 13lbs.

That Revo in that vid probably weighs in at under ten pounds.

My T Maxx when it was new 6 years ago, weighed just ubder 10. I've shaved it down to 7lbs 11oz over the years.

My Revo gets ran and I ran it the other day, but it might get converted one day. I like the conversions better cause the new E-Revo has a palstic composite chassis.

Well see...

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein