Slayer!!!!!

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
crazydave
bitPimp

Slayer!!!!!

Post by crazydave »

No not the band, as much as I love them. I'm speaking of Traxxas' new nitro CORR truck based off the Revo. This just may be a car I have to sell my other cars for! :shock:

Check out the picture of the two racing side by side, how cool is that?
http://rcdriver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2035
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

They do look cool, but at $825 I think I'll wait until they come out with a new version and clear these out.
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

These are almost ready to ship and will be no where near that price SW. They'll be in the $450 range, but you can pick up my Revo 2.5R and just buy the arms and bumpers and what not to do the conversion.

They say the tranny gears are different from the Revo to make up for the smaller wheels/tires, but we'll see what's up when it's really out.

They do look sweet, but I'm in the market for a dNaNo..... :-)

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Street price won't be that much.

I like the 4wd/race/realism/look. :-o
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Or you can get the 2wd Slash. It's out and only $199, but it's electric.
Lots are ready to convert the Slayer into a 4wd pro 4 electric corr truck.

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

Hmmmm..... now I get it. :???:

The next release will be the E-Slayer.

They have the Slash, the Revo, the E-Revo and now they have the Slayer.
It's only logical they will fill that niche too.

:-o
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

ibjamn wrote:Hmmmm..... now I get it. :???:

Oddly enough, the Slash and the Slayer don't have that much in common. Other than they're both based off of CORR trucks, the rest is pretty different.

Slayer is based off of the Revo and the Slash is based off teh Stampede/rusty.

crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

payaso wrote:

Oddly enough, the Slash and the Slayer don't have that much in common. Other than they're both based off of CORR trucks, the rest is pretty different.

That's what has my interest. The Slash looks cool, but the ol' Rustler is getting a bit outdated for my taste, and I was always bothered by the rubbery shock towers, and plastic motor mount, but take the realistic approach and put it on the more race worthy Revo chassis, and you got me interested. Besides, I've recently picked an addiction to nitro. Why am I always broke when the "must have" RCs come out? I need to learn to save my money. :lol:

Man payaso, if I was to get one of these, I'd run your dNano over. :razz:
crazydave's Gallery
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

crazydave wrote:Man payaso, if I was to get one of these, I'd run your dNano over. :razz:
You'd have to get past his T Maxx body gaurd first. I'll never get rid of my Maxx. That thing is a true pit bull.... 8)

ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

payaso wrote:
Exactly my point. People whined and complained and modded the Revo to the electric conversion..... eventually TRX released the E-Revo. Now, granted- it has a lot of differences from the nitro Revo. I have seen people whining about the fact that they want an electric 1/10 4wd race truck.

I am just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if I saw TRX release electric 4WD RC using the same CORR lexan body.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

payaso wrote:
crazydave wrote:Man payaso, if I was to get one of these, I'd run your dNano over. :razz:
You'd have to get past his T Maxx body gaurd first. I'll never get rid of my Maxx. That thing is a true pit bull.... 8)

Oh yeah, the T-Maxx, I guess it would have an edge. OK, fine, I wont run over your dNano, but a guy can dream can't he? :lol:
ibjamn wrote:I am just saying that I wouldn't be surprised if I saw TRX release electric 4WD RC using the same CORR lexan body.
It wouldn't be a bad idea. :???:

Personally, I'm little turned off by the cost of running dual batteries in those trucks. I'd rather go nitro.
crazydave's Gallery
ibjamn
bitDisciple

Post by ibjamn »

crazydave wrote:
Personally, I'm little turned off by the cost of running dual batteries in those trucks. I'd rather go nitro.

Yeah, one pack vehicles are OK since you can alternate your packs. The charge time for two packs would cause my ADD to act up :lol:

Nitro has it's benefits for sure. :-o ...and some downfalls.
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

I'd go nitro if I could afford one with reverse...I'm too old and lazy to chase a toy truck every time it ends up too close to something. :sad:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

sidewinder wrote:I'd go nitro if I could afford one with reverse...I'm too old and lazy to chase a toy truck every time it ends up too close to something. :sad:
Sportwerks Reaction, has a an electric motor to back out of situations, and decent nitro cars don't get much cheaper than $300.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/Products/De ... ID=SWK1280
crazydave's Gallery
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Cool! reverse and electric start! Now that may be a nitro have to start saving for. :-o Maybe I could mount a servo from a car door-lock to pop it back up on its wheels when it rolls...then I wouldn't even have to get out of te lawn-chair :???: