New shoes for the Rev Storm

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
crazydave
bitPimp

New shoes for the Rev Storm

Post by crazydave »

These Tamiya Rev Storms were probably doomed from the beginning considering how expensive they were compared to HPIs MT2, which looks like it may actually be a better truck, but the Rev Storm is well made, it's survived several top speed crashes. It's also has some snappy acceleration, and the engine runs really reliably. I've had many fun times in the parking lot with it, but it was basically useless in the dirt. I got some Proline step pin tires, which should hook it up really good. Since the Tamiya wheel uses a smaller 4mm axle, and a wide offset. I didn't have a whole lot of options, but I think the HPI SS Monster wheels in black make it look really mean. I wasn't a big fan of the way it looked before, but I like looking at it now. I also filled the shocks with 50wt oil, and changed out the springs. We'll see how it performs in a couple days.

...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
Murdoch
bitDisciple

Re: New shoes for the Rev Storm

Post by Murdoch »

oh man that looks really nice dude. nothin too crazy looking but enough to make you think it'll bite your head off if you try to mess with it.
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

I took it out the other night and was having a really bad night. A sudden storm blew my body away. I didn't see where it went, because I was getting smacked upside the head with a folding chair that blew in the wind. Then when I finally found the body in the dark an hour later, and finally got to run the car, I lost a wheel after 3 or 4 laps. It'll do better next time, it was hella fast for a minute there. :lol:
crazydave's Gallery
45tr0
bitNinja

Post by 45tr0 »

crazydave wrote: A sudden storm blew my body away.
was it a storm filled with Rev's? :lol:

seriously, good looking truck. I dunno about Tamiya anymore - with a few exceptions, their products are overpriced and don't seem to do the job quite as well as their cheaper competitors. I kinda think the scale-built kits or the nostalgia releases are about the only thing they've really got going for them these days...
"You guys are Wack"
"Wiggity Wack?"
"Nope, just regular kind"
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

45tr0 wrote:
crazydave wrote: A sudden storm blew my body away.
was it a storm filled with Rev's? :lol:
Uh yeah, I wish. :lol:
seriously, good looking truck. I dunno about Tamiya anymore - with a few exceptions, their products are overpriced and don't seem to do the job quite as well as their cheaper competitors. I kinda think the scale-built kits or the nostalgia releases are about the only thing they've really got going for them these days...
I totally agree with you. That's what makes it hard when people ask me about this car. Is it a bad car? No, the quality is exceptional. Would I buy it? Hell no, the MT2 is longer, wider, has better parts support, and a Roto Start for about $50 less.
crazydave's Gallery