Damn this hobby!!!

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Damn this hobby!!!

Post by Scorpion »

Its like a disease..

Got another Tmaxx saturday night, $200 and it has a big block :twisted:

Oh well on to the pictures.. Im at work so I had to take them with my phone.. Sorry :(

But ill get better pictures tonight with my camera.

Ugly blue wheels :o but almost new pro line mashers :-o

It needs a battery box and mount for the tank.. No big deal

OS .30vg BIG BLOCK!!!! oh yeah!!! ;-)

I wish people would think before they did stupid shit like this... Oh well I guess ill sand it all down

Steel Axles all the way around

sidewinder
bitProphet

Re: Damn this hobby!!!

Post by sidewinder »

"I Brack for nothing?" :lol: So was the former owner a little slow or what?

Looks good, when you said $200 I thought it would be beat to hell,,,but it really doesn't look like it's in bad shape at all. Opps...I guess that should have been "...like it's in bad shape at awl."
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

Slow or drunk one.. Haha like I said I wish he would have put a little more thought into it before he did it..

And yeah he may be a little slow.. but it works good for me.. I got a $150 Big block conversion kit AND a $250 motor (Which is damn near brand new I already took it apart it looks better and has more pinch than my 3.3 does) all for $200. I just couldnt pass the deal up..
Sqwalerrr
bitPlaya'

Post by Sqwalerrr »

ok so forgive me for my lack of this knowledge, what the hell is a big block thingy mabober :| ... ive herd about it before but i dont know about it...
hello world! Prepare for the gayness

Post by frizzen »

Nice find! Even if they didn't use the "bracks" on it for "notning"

Are those reflectors on your A-arms?

The short answer is bigger displacement engine than it was built for. I forget the line between Big and Small block displacement for 1/10.
Jack of all trades, master of none; yet often better than master of one.
-
End genital mutilation, don't circumcise. Restore your fore'
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

3 litre v8 = small block

5 litre v8 = big block

big block = more torque

more torque = more roost

more roost = more crowd pleasing, parts wearing mayhem!

"mayhem mayhem mayhem!!!!!!!

this saturday night".... you get the idea :smile:
i used to be cool
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

Well in Nitro generally anything over .21 cubic inches would be a big block.. but displacment really doesnt have anything to do with it.. big block refers to the size of the crank case the big block is well uh bigger ha.. but then theres some nitro engines that stuff big block displacment in a small block case..

Like betty said though generally a big block has insane amounts of tourqe but a small block is lighter and would probably have a higher top end

Just like in real cars Chevy put a 7 liter V8 small block in the corvette.. Big block and small block really just refer to the size of the block ha..
sidewinder
bitProphet

Post by sidewinder »

Originally it had to do with the space between the pistons of the engine and the webbing in the water jacket. You can't go with displacement alone... GM in the same year produced a 396ci big block and 400ci small block. In GM engines it really is the actual cylinder block size. The limiting factor in a traditional small block chevy is the stroke length due to the size of the block. You can only fit so much crank in that small of space. The big block on the other hand is much larger in physical size and can accept longer strokes and bigger bores. The limitations of a traditional small block generally 4" bore x 4" stroke making roughly 400 cubic inches. Where as a traditional big block can reach up to 510 cubic inches without added machine work.

In RC applications I think it is based strictly on displacment...but I could be wrong. Heck, for the longest time I thought the BB in electric engines was a play on "big Block" until I realized all of the BB motors had Ball Bearings. :lol:
The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities. - Ayn Rand
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

Yeah im pretty sure nitro is based on displacment alone as well..

Any way the whole truck is in peices down to the screws Im cleaning and fixing it all up right now..

So far Ive found the following goodys on the truck

OS .30 big block
Big block chasis (unknown brand as of yet Ive seen two others so far but no one seems to be able to remeber the name)
THS steel CVDs
RRP slipper cluth
RRP cluth bell
RRP FOC

It has alot of other stuff but Im just not sure of the brands..

Some one put some money in this truck.. Im glad they did it so I dont have to hahaha
Scorpion
bitPlaya'

Post by Scorpion »

Crappy cell pic I know.. But this forum needs some attention..