Nitro 1/10 4WD Touring Cars

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Nitro 1/10 4WD Touring Cars

Post by SilentWolv »

I visited the back parking lot of the Mall today where the local HS has a track setup, and got BIT by the nitro r/c bug bad. Man! Those things can flippin' fly! Looked like way too much fun.

I'm pricing this stuff on http://www.towerhobbies.com :

Associated TC3......259.99
Picco .12 motor......189.99
Starter box.............64.99
-----------------------------------
$514.97 :eek:

Then you need fuel and tools, worktable, yada yada yada

Anyone know how to relieve a bad bug bite?
The secret to life is Raku
joez2872
bitThug

nitro

Post by joez2872 »

get the traxxas 4tec its like 300 . ive got and lots of hop ups for ir and all together i spent like 410 , the thing rips :lol:
( . )( . ) LOL HANG UM HIGH!!!!ROCKEY MT.FEVER LOL!!!
CharG_tuner
bitHood

Post by CharG_tuner »

i saw some kind of nitro road car by HP, its yellow and red and it goes 50mph+ out of the box, also includes motor and radio. RTR for 279$ i think thats great!
-Char-G Tuner
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

Any one knows where in australia I can get a 1:10 touring car? preferably an online shop. I wanna compare prices to the US.

Thanx
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

Seems like those Serpent 710's are about the best kit. Too damn expensive over here, with no support for parts. A dude out there crashed his TC3, and broke the rear shock tower. Walked inside to the HS, bought a new one, installed it and caught his next heat. That pretty much sold me on parts availability.

Seems like most guys are running the Associated TC3's here. Replacement AND Performance parts are on the shelves. If your gonna race competitively with a group though, then your talking aluminum, titanium, graphite, and other top end stuff. Associated makes a RTR TC3, but I don't think it would hold a candle to the action I saw out there Sunday. (the pull-starts add weight and higher CoG).

I used to run electric on-road oval, and got pretty good at it. I had the car so light, I had to add lead to the chassis to make the required weight-in. I don't think these guys out here are weighing 'em. 8-)

Let me know which kit you're considering.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

I get great performance out of my T-Maxx on the road, and dirt.

There's nothing like running up the ass end of a smaller car at 20mph, pegging the throttle, and litteraly<sp? running over it..

Check out the aftermarket parts for the 4X4s MT before you purchase.

The RTR monster truck kits are a little more, but I think you can do more with them... IMO.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

Those T-Maxx look pretty cool. 'd be fun running down a few hood-cats around here. 8)

TOO LATE...... I purchased a TC3 race kit last night from Tower $244.99 and free shipping. They wanted $299+tax at the mall. See honey (to my wife)... I SAVED $77 !! (She's thinking I better damn well remember valentines day)

And I got a Saleen Body from ebay. I'll have to wait until Feb to make another purchase though.... another Super Saver discount then.
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

This has given me a ton of fun building this thing so far. Its got a little titanium and aluminum in it, but otherwise a stock NTC3 Team Kit. I installed the Picco Turbo .12 last night. How in the world they pack a horse and a half in those tiny things is beyond me.............

Should be ready for Sunday Racing in 3-4 weeks. Adjusting the radio, painting the body, breaking in the motor, etc. My buddy is building a Nitro HPI RS4-racer2, so being a newbie with another newbie is cool.
Whitesupra35
bitThug

Post by Whitesupra35 »

Hey dang its expensive....i ripped a lil kid off....i traded him yugioh card for a 500 $ hpi nitro rs4 rtr it flies over 60 mph :cool:
Vroom Vroom Biatch!
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Whitesupra35 wrote:i ripped a lil kid off
Why?

payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I'll trade you a handful of special rocks for it!!! :wink: Thay have unlimited powers, if you put your bit on top of them it will stay there until you move it.......
SilentWolv
bitPlaya'

Post by SilentWolv »

Hey, I ripped myself off. I've got two of these cars now, and getting seriously into it. I built a kit NTC3 that I haven't even driven yet, and I bought this RTR to learn how to drive and tune on. I've run it twice, and won the novice class both times.

Yesterday morning in practice, I hit a pipe edge and tore the entire rt side suspension off it (ouch): knuckle, control arms, shock mount, shock, and bent the pivot balls. Spend $27 at the HS, and borrowed a shock arm, and rebuilt it at the track in an hour and a half..... but I'm especially proud of yesterdays win because I tuned the motor myself. You've got the get the low end needle set for torque mixture, and the top end needle set for mixture as well..... It has to run 5 minutes within the tank of gas, yet run rich enough to keep it cool.

I'm fixin to move up to Reg Touring Class soon, and get more serious with the use of titanium, aluminum, and a lightweight Trinity Picco motor listed at 1.35 hp.

There's only TWO things that make me grin this big, and one of 'em is my NitroCar...................
Whitesupra35
bitThug

Post by Whitesupra35 »

payaso wrote:
Whitesupra35 wrote:i ripped a lil kid off
Why?

the car was broken over 150 $ ov repairs needed and he wanted to trade and he offered it to me an di was like ok....
Vroom Vroom Biatch!
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

nice cars, and judging on the wheel well of the truck behind you, you own a ranger? my dad has the same one, color and all.. his is a 2001