I got it...SG First Nitro thread.....w/ first lexan 6/28/05

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

payaso wrote: Now lets get the tires off of that pesky ground.

silla :D
You ask and you shall receive....

I took it out today. I've driving it a lot lately, and I already know I love my T-Maxx!!! So I let Bird tear it up for a few tanks today. Hopefully convincing him to finally get his Nitro running or get a damn nitro truck already.

Here's what went down in vid form....

http://www.sg219.com/downloads/southpark.wmv

Here are a few damage shots and posers.

There were only a couple of small problems that came up...

Problem

-I lost 3 screws that came loose from the steering rods.

Solution

-Put more screws in.

Problem

-Lost a couple of screws from the rear bumper.

Solution

-Replace ASAP.

Problem

-Pull start cord came out.

Solution

-Follow the tut I posted or get a TigerDrive!!

If thats all that broke or happens, it was a good day!!

It was a good day. A few screws and about 6-8 tanks later a day ending tradegy occured, the pull start cord came out.

You'll have that sometimes and just have to move on and run again next time with a repaired and ready truck!!

Edit: Anyone with info on a good starting system (Tiger Drive) for this, please post some input.

It's an O.S. .15 CVR-X.

Thanks
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Cool. That vid, is that a metaphor for how the driving went, or a goof on the link? Either way, that's funny man.

Just now in the process of redoing the brakes, and shocks on my Maxx, and took a smoke break to check the forums and saw this.

I've said it once, and I'm saying it again. The T-Maxx is no freakin slouch. With a little TLC, it can hang with the best out. Keep it up man.

Good to see some dents in that thing too. :-o

Now bring it on down.

payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I really was at the counties South Park. :-o
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Here is a little more chaos from the park.

Here's a little vid...

http://www.sg219.com/downloads/tmaxx_s_parkday2.wmv
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Nice man.... Seems like you're gettin it down. It's addictive being able to plow over whatever the fuck you want, and the sound of nitro...

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
PimpIke
bitGangsta'

Post by PimpIke »

payaso wrote:Nice man.... Seems like you're gettin it down. It's addictive being able to plow over whatever the fuck you want, and the sound of nitro...

ain't nothin like the smell of nitro on a early saturday morning. :grin:
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I've been a busy T-Maxx person lately! :-D

Today I made love to my T-Maxx. :oops:

Gave her a good washin' and some needed TLC and attention. :-o

Before

During

After

After the washdown, I went shopping to buy her some new gear.

A new flywheel and 3 peice clutch (better get-up and go), a Tiger Drive (I've been thru 3 pull starts in less than 2 weeks), a new bell crank (22), and a little fresh grease.

I also installed the Spektrum Radio in her the other day. Its so cool to not have that huge ass antenna!! :-o

I've been slowly getting her back to be reliable and almost bullet proof.

The next thing you'll probably see on her will be a set of Flextek's Titanium arms. :cool:

I also found this marking on the custom chassis.....

It says "Thunder". I don't know anything about that. I'd like to find out who and/or where it came from.

There's a race day coming up in September that I'd like to compete in. It's a two hobbyshop sponsered event.

Hobbytown USA and Steel City Hobbies (owned by one of the Rooney's, of Steelers ownership fame)

It's Sept. 17th. I'd like to enter atleast my T-Maxx and maybe the Bandit. I doubt the XXX-NT will see any action. It might go on Ebay soon.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

You can't get those Ti flex tec arms till I do, and if you do, I'll nab em from you.. Pricey fuckers.

Truck looks real good.

Just lost out on a nice Hardcore Racing Ti chassis last night, so that's the next thing for that money pit. If you run across a predator, or a Hardcore Racing ti pro .15 chassis let me know..

How's the compression on that engine of yours? Time for a rebuild yet?

sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

payaso wrote:You can't get those Ti flex tec arms till I do, and if you do, I'll nab em from you.. Pricey fuckers.
:razz: Damn pricey. But still damn nice!!! Soon.
payaso wrote:Truck looks real good.
Thanks.

Haven't seen yours in awhile. How's it doin'?
payaso wrote:Just lost out on a nice Hardcore Racing Ti chassis last night, so that's the next thing for that money pit. If you run across a predator, or a Hardcore Racing ti pro .15 chassis let me know..
I'll look around in the Hobby stores.

I have a route that I can follow and hit 4 hobby stores in an afternoon. Its a day out, and on the way back stop at the park and run something.

Hobbytown has a ton of Hardcore and other Maxx aluminum shit for 25%-50% off. If it wasn't for the stuff that I need to make it run, I'd have all the shiney stuff.
payaso wrote:How's the compression on that engine of yours? Time for a rebuild yet?
Not too bad. I think I got a few more sessions left. :-o
payaso wrote:silla :D

:drinkin: