I got it...SG First Nitro thread.....w/ first lexan 6/28/05

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

no wait...what kind of engine is that?juding by the black head its not a traxxas stock engine... and it looks like that losi has a 2.5 but that isnt possible...
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

just a big .15 from all i see... nice pipe on the t-maxx
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Thanks backdrift. I'm really new to this nitro stuff and not up on all the gear and parts yet.

Its good to know there are a few people around here that knows what the hell I have. I sorta do. :lol:
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

take some up close pics of the engine sg...it also has an aftermarket spur, which is kinda unusual....
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

after looking at the pics again the losis engine looks like an orion wasp and the tmaxx has an aftermarket alu tranny case along with some good tires and stuff...to top it all off this is clean and rust free, which is kind of unusual but very good.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

stampede_dude wrote:cd is right. make sure you adjust the carb on it so it will run right and not cause premature engine failure.

The term you are looking for is "tuning", and it will not cause premature engine failure unless it's too lean. That's why they use the term tune. You can tune it rich to keep the temps down, and just fuck around in the yard, or you can lean it out till you find the "sweet spot" This is the best your engine will run, and it's right on the line of danger. Tuning is just part of the nitro hobby
you can find a little know on the tmaxxes engine taht can be tuned with a small flathead screwdriver.

Rubbish
i dont know but about the losi, just that its a high end racing truck that will break alot more easily than the maxx.
The Maxx line of trucks are bad ass racer, and high end as well..
ask him what percent nitro he used. if he used 20% to break it in, you can use 20 or 10 percent, but not higher than 20. if he used 10, your stuck with 10. i hope you get the idea.

Wrong dude... That's incorrect info, and it just ain't gonna fly here. This ain't Traxxas.com, and if the info is shit, it's got no place @ bitPimps

You can break in your nitro engine on whatever percentage you want, and not be restricted to that percentage of nitro.

It's not recomended that you go down in %, but if you break in with 10%, no problem, switch to 20, or even 30%, but you will have to retune your engine each time you switch. I've switched brands, and nitro %s to find what I like best. (currently running Top Fuel 20% in both trucks)

What nitro R/Cs do you have stampede?

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

yeah, and where's my godamn parent freakout video?? :smile:
i used to be cool
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

i had a nitro stampede...thats what i just heard dude dont freak man...sorry
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

stampede_dude wrote:i had a nitro stampede...thats what i just heard dude dont freak man...sorry

Didn't mean to go into freak out mode on you, but I just had a flash back of the way Traxxas.com runs their site, and you know we do things a bit different here.

these are expensive modles we're tinkering with here, so if you're not 100% sure of the advice, just add "I think" or "IMO"

Didn't mean to jump your shit dude...lol

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

yeah my experience wasnt too wel... i got a truck taht hadnt been cleaned in i dont know how long, and there was fuel in it when i arrived...the engine was wore out when i got it too. still popped wheelies though. i loved it but i got fed up when the crankshaft was bent in and i wasnt going to dump money into a pos engine. the tmaxx also does race, but can also be a basher, which the losi truck cannot, imo. its made just for racing, nothing else. i shouldve realized that he also raced the tmaxx by the racing bowtie tires in the pic sg gave.
stagg
bitGangsta'

Post by stagg »

Sooo SG you get this shit up and runnin yet? i wonna know how much u like it. I'm startin to save up for a 1/10 i was lookin at the Losi XXX NT rtr
my b-day's in march, and im invitin like fukin 35 people, all i need is 20 of them to give me 20 bucks and thats 400 plus the 75 i have.. and ill stop ramplin now, lol. :-)
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

No, I haven't. :-(

I just don't have the place to work on them or the knoweledge yet. I'm still learning.

Soon, real, soon. I hope. :-)
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

after every run i suggest spraying a short blast of wd-40 into the engine to keep everything clean and rust free. i used to do this and it worked for me imo.
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

Wow... you go, Flip Syde...

lol
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

there are a bunch of peeps that use WD-40 for ARO (after run oil), and traxxas actually recomends it for their engines.. big surprise there.

i tried it, and thought pretty much that it sucked asshole, and have been using Prathers after run oil ever since...

you can heat you block with a hair dryer, and put a drop or 2 of aro in the glow plug hole, and try a MC-9 plug, or even a traxxas 3232, or the 3231, and that somebitch will fire.