I got it...SG First Nitro thread.....w/ first lexan 6/28/05

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Fuckin killer job man.. Looks real good. Take your time, and get plenty of practice driving it, and it'll perform great on a track. Don't think you need to spend 2Gs to race.

As far as the cutting out when the brakes applied. That's cause by the carb shutting too much to maintain an idle. (idle screw is too shallow, and you probably have the idle set with the trimon the Tx)

You should set your trim on the TX to brakes on, and then adjust the idle gap. Open the throttle so you don't put the pressure on the idle screw when turning it, and you're looking for a gap about the width of a credit card. This way, you don't have to adjust your idle with your trim, and can keep it where when you slam on the brakes, the engine stays a runnin...

Mine is getting some new shit too. All the way from Cali, and STL. :-o

Good job man.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

that's a really tight job there man! :-) real nice shade of (surprise surprise!) green too. :cool:
i used to be cool
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Thanks for the tip.

The screw I want to turn is the one on the side of the carb. Say you hold the carb open and look inside, you see a small pin-like thing that will move in and out if you turn that screw.

Is that the right one? :???:

Thanks for the compliments pimps.

The color is a mix.

Hiroto sent me some of the Tamiya Green that I used on my little subie ride.....

I heavily dusted the shell with that first. Almost coated, a halfway fade sorta job.

Then hit it with Pactra's Rally Green. The green I used on my 'vette....

Let that dry for about 15 minutes, then I peeled off the masking. (not including the windows) The bed and racing stripes.

Then I laid the Pactra Outlaw Black down. Coated it a few times for durability.

I was thinkin' or Quasi-Rhino lining it too, (rubberized spray) but then decided not to do it.

Let it sit over night then peeled the windows off.

Starting cutting, sanding, dremeling, and filing the body down to size. Then peeled off the protective outer layer when I was finished cutting holes.

A pic I missed....

sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Here's a little vid and a couple of new pics, more in the gallery.

Backyard T-Maxx

payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Vid only plays audio for me.... :o

How's it run? I just got the new Fantom .18 broke in, and it was screamin on the last bit of break in. Haven't had a chance to fire it up since though. It's gonna rip the track up..

I like the body on that thing.. Nice paint.

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

payaso wrote:Vid only plays audio for me.... :o
me too... :o
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

Sounds like you guys need to update your codecs.

It looked a little on the slower side as far TMaxx's go - but then again - I ain't no expert on em.
Hard to tell how thick that grass was you were driving in.
You could really have a nice little playground there if you tore up that yard. lol

Nice shootin' tex.
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

CaboWabo wrote:Sounds like you guys need to update your codecs.

It looked a little on the slower side as far TMaxx's go - but then again - I ain't no expert on em.
Hard to tell how thick that grass was you were driving in.
You could really have a nice little playground there if you tore up that yard. lol

Nice shootin' tex.

I updated my shiat, but no go.. WTF?

Edit---- Got it to work. Looks like it's got the top end, but lacking on the low end... This could just be me cause I don't know how you drive.. I have a heavier trigger finger.. I like mine to jumop off the line. Are you easing on the throttle, or givin it a good Braaaap?

Now lets get the tires off of that pesky ground. The "1080" kicker ramps at wally world/sports authority are cheap, and get it done.

sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

The low end does suck. Its slow out the gate. I just can't get it right. It still stalls when I hit the brake.

I've adjusted it so minutely in every way, that I get frustrated and need to walk away.

It does open up on pavement. Gone.............. :-o

I do need a ramp, or another bashin' spot. I have a couple in mind, just need to actually go to them. :driving:

I'll look around Wally World next time I'm there. :-)

Did the vid end up working for everyone.

For some weird reason, it was a royal pain in the ass to upload to my site. I uploaded another small vid, in the same format, just before this vid, and everything and it went fine, then when I tried this one, it gave me hell. I finally got it loaded after several attempts. :???:

I've been thinkin' about changing services, but not sure whats all involved with that. Research time.
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I was out throwin' dirt today at a dusty baseball feild. I finally got the chance to really open it up and it stay under control. It gets so much traction on asphalt that it would flip a lot. Sliddin' around a little is much more fun.

The dust was fun and the low cut grass was cool too.

I would have vid, but I hit the wrong button on the camera and I missed it all. :blink:

All I got are these lousy pics....

I broke this...

I wrote this...

I need some good ends. Anyone recommend any? Got any?
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Go get some Lunsford Ti turnbuckles.. You won't regret it.

Running in super dusty conditions will warrant a air filter change after every half hour. Good for your engine..

Doin burnouts is cool, but will wear the shit out of your diffs..

I'm jealous as fuck cause mine are tweaked for the track, and just waiting for fuel. Both with a killer tune, but just no friggin time...

I stare at em every day. (all my R/Cs get a good lokking at every day)

Once Hannah is born, she's going to the track with papi to get me some racing done...

I need more vids of yours to tide me over though....lol

sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

More vids.... :???:

I'll work on it. A little work needs to be done first, but I'll definately have some more vid soon. :-o

I gotta get more fuel too. I'm down to about 2 tanks worth. :-(

I do the same thing. All my RC's get a good lookin' at everyday. Some of them even give me dirty looks.

:lol:
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

that vid works for me :-)

i know nuthin about nitros but i'd like to see the front end lift more on take off. can you fiddle with gearing? smaller pinion or bigger spur? what about the clutch, too slippy?
i used to be cool
Bird
bitPimp

Post by Bird »

betty.k wrote:what about the clutch, too slippy?
bingo... what Ive been saying all along :-)
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Bird wrote:
betty.k wrote:what about the clutch, too slippy?
bingo... what Ive been saying all along :-)
I swear you just mentioned the clutch for the first time the other day. :-?

I have to look into the clutch. :search: