Bent push rod

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
payaso
bitPimp

Bent push rod

Post by payaso »

Took both trucks out to set up the shocks, and such the other day, and things got a bit out of hand for the Revo.

I have a decent size area behind my apartment to run in for testing and such. (same area in my Maxx video), and there is a fuckin electrical outlet in the middle of the yard.

It's damn near invisible, but acts like a magnet for R/Cs.

it's a typical box mounted on a 8 inch steel pipe. I've plowed it numerous times with the T, and have actually worked it loose to where it wiggles about 8 inches, and has some give now.

Well, I guess my revo saw the maxx nail it with no problem, and gave it a go with those squirrely tires on it, and BAM.. bent my push rod, cracked my reciever box, and lost a fuel tank pin in the first go..

I've jumped the hell out of this truck with no ill side effects, but I hope these exposed push rods aren't the "achiles hell" of the truck, cause they're right fuckin there first to greet anything....lol

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

as bad as it is it's probably a good thing that a small cheap part wore the damage. it might have been a chassis! :smile:
i used to be cool
CaboWabo
Site Admin

Post by CaboWabo »

why don't you mound up some sand and crap near that thing and just burry it in a little jump lol
looks like a gator got hold of that thing for a sec. lol
Dear Life Cereal, Where do you get off? Part of a balanced breakfast and delicious? Who do you think you are? By now you may have guessed I'm speaking ironically and have nothing but good things to say about what you do. Life cereal do not change a thing.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Got me some purdy new red push rods today.. These alloy ones are more rigid than the cheap ass stock ones and half the weight.

I dropped more than an ounce (29.2 grams) by switching all 4 to these.

Will see how they do tomorrow.

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Those sure are pimp. 8-)

Just watch out for that pole this time.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

sg219 wrote:Those sure are pimp. 8-)

Just watch out for that pole this time.

Fuck that pole... I didn't like that shit hole anyways..lol

That sounded tough didn't it? :???:

I'll just go down the street to the construction site, and run there. 8-)

betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

coolness! they got itty bitty writing on 'em!! :eek:
i used to be cool
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

betty.k wrote:coolness! they got itty bitty writing on 'em!! :eek:

lol... I was stoked about that too.. It's even etched in there, and not painted on. Cheap too. One of the coolest hop ups for the $$$.