Servo Talk

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

well,

if youre not looking to spend alot, i currently use this and it didnt strip in my nitro stampede which probably had a similar amount of power. i had to trim the mounting ears a little to fit it in, but nothing a pimp bit modder like you couldnt do. its the futaba s3003 servo, only 10.99 and i love it.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... XH288&P=ML

if you want one for the maxx this servo will most likely NOT work because it has more load to pull, but with that lightweight losi racer it should be really good to go.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

It sure is cheap, but not that fast.. What do you need the servo for sg? Throttle? Steering?

I'd suggest getting one with a bit more speed to it.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I need it for steering.

I was eyeing up this one...

http://www.horizonhobby.com/Shop/ByCate ... D=JRPSZ590

or...

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... LXUZ89&P=7

I'm not sure if either will work, but I still have some research to do. :???:

I'm just worried about all the damn plug shapes and sizes that are out there and how only a few are interchangeable. (Asshole companies, need to learn a term called "Universal".)
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Both of those will work, but I'd say stay away from HiTech, cause they ain't so Hi Tech...lol

JR makes killer servos, and they are not too pricey...

That 590M will work great as a throttle servo, but for steering, I prefer the Z650M at 10 more, it's totally worth it.

I run the 650M on my Maxx, and it will yank my tires on carpet... Like 144 oz of torque @ 6.0 volts. (3 year warranty to boot)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

the futaba will yank the tires of my stampede on the carpet also. the stampede and losi truck weigh significantly less than the tmaxx, and you dont need as much power and speed for good response, but if you want to blow alot of money for no reason be my guest :-)
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I split the topics. It was getting a bit far from Pull starts. :)

@Payaso...Is this the one you mentioned?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 93659&rd=1

@stampede...I don't think a Futaba would work with JR RX. It's hot so much about money as it is about, how often i will have to replace the servo. I would rather replace it 2x a year @ $40 a pop, rather than 5x a year @ $20 a pop.

Plus, I think I'm not your usual driver. I like to do dumb/stupid things. I have plans to jump my house not like that one dude did and jumped his garage. My house is a different kind of challenge. Its a little taller and the drop on the other side is 2x as high. :-)

Thats what we need. A list of what is interchangable.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

stampede_dude wrote:the futaba will yank the tires of my stampede on the carpet also. the stampede and losi truck weigh significantly less than the tmaxx, and you dont need as much power and speed for good response, but if you want to blow alot of money for no reason be my guest :-)

First off, upgrading to a better, faster, more torquey, metal gear servo is not blowing money.. It's an investment to keep your expensive model running the best it can.

It's common place, and usually the first mod done on an RTR model.

Secondly, faster in this case is most definately better. How can you say it's not. If you have a faster servo, and like to steer at a slower pace, you can, cause you can just friggin turn the wheel slower, but if you have a slow 10 dollar jobby, you're stuck at that speed or slower.. Plus the faster steering response makes for easier control of the vehicle, and less delay.

Which calculates in better. Faster steering is better. Opening your carb faster is better.

That 10 Futaba will get you buy, but if you have to scrounge change to get back running, you might be in the wrong hobby.. nobody said it was cheap. And by no means am i saying that you need the best most expensive of everything to have a good truck.. The things I listed are middle of the road, and the best bang for the buck imo...

Going with a 10 servo is kinda like pulling up to the gas pump in a new Corvette, and getting $1.50 of gas.

Yeah, that's the one I have in the Maxx, and it's a great servo.. My LHS has it for 39.99, or maybe it was 42.00, but it was cheap.

stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

oh ok, my bad guys. i guess it does turn on the slow side,but ive never stripped it. metal gear servos are really great,if thats what youre into. i guess since i dont race as muchi mainly bash i dont really mind the slow speeds. good luck finding one you like.
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

i got a futaba s3003 in my alpha and when i got my mt i put it in that and so far so good. for kiddies on a tight budget i reckon you could do worse than this servo.
i used to be cool
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

WORD
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I went to the store today with Bird on a RC road trip....

Got this servo.

http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wt ... LXUZ89&P=7

I didn't realize it was the one I posted until I got back home with it. :lol:

I just picked the best one for my cash from the case and came home with it.

Plenty of torque and metal.

$40, same price as online, less the S&H. :-D

Plus, plenty of other goodies, that you'll probably see later down the road. :wink:
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

you dumb ass clown....youre supposed to ask us...thats one of the best servos there is...lol for your truck.