1st Nitro..... tmaxx??? recomendations?

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
ezenterprises
bitGangsta'

1st Nitro..... tmaxx??? recomendations?

Post by ezenterprises »

Im looking to maybe buy my first nitro rc vehicle. I have no experience with nitro at all. I do however want something off road so i can run it anywhere i want and not just pavement. Im not into the rc "scene" so im not sure whats out there but i have heard about the tmaxx truck. Is this a good start? to advanced? Would like something cheap ( which tmaxx is not ) but want something i wont outgrow but is beginner friendly. Any tips or recommendations?
Videos for your PSP at www.geocities.com/ebaypsp
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

The T Maxx is a great starter truck. It's 4WD, plenty fast, decent suspention, and fairly durable.

I have one of the T Maxx 2.5s, and a Revo. Both trucks are really close, but the Revo just soaks up the bumps easier. Flat out speed, they are about the same, and that also goes for durability.

The T Maxx has more after market parts than any other truck out right now, and lets not forget that the Maxx was the best seller for like 4 years, and started the whole monster truck deal.

There are other decent trucks out there, but just none I'm interested in. Savage, MGT, LST, CEN Genesis.

You can't go wrong with a Maxx or a Revo... Their customer service at Traxxas is second to none. Don't go to their forums though... It's like a natzi camp....lol

Oh yeah, welcome back ez... You can see pics of my trucks in my gallery.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

I'll go with the T-maxx too. I have one that I bought from a friend and it seems pretty down to earth for a beginner.

I bought a Losi XXX-NT and a T-maxx from him and they are my first nitro's and I'm still learning and enjoying one of them. I've been having tech problems with the T-maxx, but I'm sure anyone thats been around nitros would have allready firgued the problem out already. I'll get it sooner or later. I hope.

I suggest buying NEW only!!! Unless you like to figure out what previous people did to get their ride to run.

There are a ton of pics in my gallery of the two I own.
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

I also suggest a new whatever you do decide on. Thraxxas vehicles come with a DVD to help you tune, and keep care of it.

Super helpful for a newb...

Speaking of which, I have an extra DVD for the T-Maxx if you need it sg219... Just let me know.

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

payaso wrote:I also suggest a new whatever you do decide on. Thraxxas vehicles come with a DVD to help you tune, and keep care of it.

Super helpful for a newb...

Speaking of which, I have an extra DVD for the T-Maxx if you need it sg219... Just let me know.

Really? That might come in useful. Is it avalible for DL anywhere?

The other problem is that my T-maxx isn't stock. :-?

Whats all on it?
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

It's really just basic nitro tuning help.. It's for the TRX 2.5, but they all work on the same principals. Air to fuel mixture.

It helps trouble shoot some problems, and helps you set it up.

I don't think it's available for DL anywhere, but you're more than welcome to my extra..... Moster Garage style FREEBIE

It's good for some basic help.

sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Thanks. I'll take it then. Any help is good help. :grin:
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

sg219 wrote:Thanks. I'll take it then. Any help is good help. :grin:

Word... It goes out today. :-)

ezenterprises
bitGangsta'

Post by ezenterprises »

Thanks for all the help guys. Sounds like i'll be savin up for the tmaxx 2.5.
Videos for your PSP at www.geocities.com/ebaypsp
stampede_dude
bitNinja

Post by stampede_dude »

id get an electric stampede if it was your first...but thats just me. ive had nitro problems, and unless you have a little bit more money to blow around $10 a quart for the tmaxx which is a guzzler, id suggest going electric. i know because my brother had one. id run for twice as long and save twice as much fuel as his tmaxx with my nitro stampede.