Maxx, Savage, any suggestions?

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
Mazda787b
bitPlaya'

Maxx, Savage, any suggestions?

Post by Mazda787b »

I have been scouting the internet looking for my next car. I have the Mini-T almost sold, the TLT needs batts and its set, and my HPI is getting overhauled. That leaves one car, the one I will use for racing. I have looked at the S-Maxx lately, and it seems to be a pretty good platform. for those who race monsters, *paysao, SG*, does 4wd hold an advantage over 2wd? Even with the Revo, is the T-Maxx still a platform that will be supported by racers for years to come? Are you better off buying new or used. Last, would a more ideal racing platform be the Savage?

Thanks guys
There's no replacement for displacment.
backdrift
bitGangsta'

Post by backdrift »

Well the smaxx is the shit, and i like 2wd over 4wd. The front end of the Smaxx just floats over, and soaks up the bumps, and its got a pretty good weight distribution to boot. But, take the nitro peoples suggestions here!
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

T-maxx will be around for a long time to come. Its setup is good and if I could only get the damn thing to stay running, I'd let you know how it handles.

Buy NEW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Unless its from someone really close to you. EX:brother, father, long-time neighbor, or that you have full faith in to sell you a decent ride........ :-)
Mazda787b
bitPlaya'

Post by Mazda787b »

Thanks for the imput. I really want a roller so I can put a Fantom or Orion .18 Maxx engine, or a medium-block .23. Something inexpensive so I can get the Pro-line by-pass shocks and such. I will look into the S-maxx then. My only goal is to kick my friends T-Maxx, which is stock except for a Megatech .16, so it shouldn't be hard.
There's no replacement for displacment.