About damn time.

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
payaso
bitPimp

About damn time.

Post by payaso »

Finally got a few free hours to get to the track with the trucks. It's been almost 2 months since the last time they saw dirt.

I went yesterday, and drove the fuckin 45 min to get 5 min away, and it starts raining. The park is flooded, but I know the secret park ranger entrance in the back, so I head there, and the track is empty as fuck...

I got there probably one hour after the track "crew" finished the new layout. (old layout was still the same suck ass one for the Losi nationals)

Track all to me, but it kinda seems to good to be true. I step on to the track to see just how moist it is, and it's fuckin soaked like hell. You won't sink in it, but it squishes under your feet like soaked carpet. I hang out for about an hour to see if it might be runnable. No dice. Fuckin stubborn clay. Never even got the trucks out of the trunk. I drove all the way out there for nothing. That may not sound like a far distance to some of you, but you gots to remember I drive a cab, and a limo 1000 miles+ a week, so to drive an extra 100 for didly shit on my day off sucks donkey assholes....

Wife felt bad for me so when I got up today, she said "pack your shit, and fuckin go". I thought about if I wanted to risk making the drive again for possibly nothing, or possibly a new track layout. I said screw it, and went.

Track was bone dry, and dead. I was the only sole there. Both the T Maxx, and Revo are dialed in for the track, and have not near as much in em as the people I run with. I've always liked the Revo, but at the same time, my Maxx is my fav. The revo was dancing circles around the Maxx for the first few months, but today, I got to test the Maxx with the new set up against the Revo.

No fuckin contest. The Maxx is almost twice as fast, just as nimble, jumps farther, and straighter, and has a tighter turning radius with no mods done. The Revo has steering mods, and while they help, the Maxx is better. My revo is dialed in for the track and is fun to drive, and I have great lap times with it, but the Maxx performed so well, I had to put the Revo away...lol

That is all. I just wanted to tell you all how the Maxx will destoy whatever you have. Even your Revo...

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Everything turned out to be great. :-o

I like my Maxx too. :cool:

What kind of steering mods? Links, servo placement? :???:
MotorGong
bitNinja

Re: About damn time.

Post by MotorGong »

payaso wrote:Wife felt bad for me so when I got up today, she said "pack your shit, and fuckin go".
Maybe you were bitching or whining about that day? :grin:

lol, you were relentless, and it sounded like it paid off!

not relentless with the whining, with the pursuit to go RCing.
thats what i meant, ya know.

oh nevermind, ima shutup! :lol:
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Actually, I guess I have steering mods on the Maxx as well.. It's got the Proline steering linkage, and servo saver. It's nice. I know the UE fuck heads will say the Dace/UE one is better, but fuck them. Mines better, and you should pick one up. Comes with all the bearings, but the really nice part is the built in heavy duty servo saver. Bye Bye Kimbrough crap.

As far as the mods on the Revo, it comes stock with steering stops. They're like a nub that you grind off to give it more throw. Then you can grind the linkage arms for a bit more, but it still won't get it like my Maxx, and when you do the Revo too much, you gots to remove the pillow ball boots, and I like em. :lol:

We really gots to plan a "bitPimps Skool Trip" for next year, and all get together. It would be so fuckin killer.

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein