Almost finished Serpent 710 and Xray T1R

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
PencilNeckGeek
bitHood

Almost finished Serpent 710 and Xray T1R

Post by PencilNeckGeek »

The Xray with a Novak GTX ESC,Furaba S9405 servo,Futaba PCM receiver,Trinity D5 14turn motor...

Now the Serpent 710,Mega engine,dual Futaba S9405 servos,Futaba PCM receiver...

:-)

Here a better pic of the 710...

I blame bitPIMPS for infecting me with the savage urge to buy roach sized RC!
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

that's some fancy gear! stick around, we'll help make it better :-)
i used to be cool
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

Very nice collection you have there man.... I still need a on-road to complete my collection, but I need mor etime, and a bigger apartment...lol

I was looking at the Fusion .21, but now I'm not sure. I spend most of the time in the dirt...

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
PencilNeckGeek
bitHood

Post by PencilNeckGeek »

betty.k,

Make a Serpent 710 better! :grin: Not an easy task,I have a freaky engine on order for the 710.That is about as good as it will get.

The Serpent 710 and 960 are among the elite of on road cars,some "upgrades" can look great but will not improve performance at this level.
My 710 is all about the most go and least show.

payaso,

You want and on road team Associated has a pretty good selection,and even a RTR that is great to set a foot in the on road nitro world.Great all around car.Much simpler that the pro level cars...

For top performance you have Serpent(710 and 960),Kyosho(V-One RRR and Evolva) and Mugen. My next money pit will be the Serpent 960...what a beast this one is with the proper engine.

You need to have a serious on road track to really exploit these road rockets,not bashers cars.

And above all what kind of part support you have from a local hobby shop? Me I am lucku to have a HUGE hobby shop (Udisco...Udisco.com)just a few minutes..walk from my place.They are Serpent experts,and one guy there races a 710/950 and is a local champ.
So Serpent is damn well supported locally.
I blame bitPIMPS for infecting me with the savage urge to buy roach sized RC!
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

I just want a basher, cause I race off road.... Schumacher is based in Tampa, so parts shouldn't be a problem..

Serpents are damn popular here though...

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein