New Revo lid for me

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
payaso
bitPimp

New Revo lid for me

Post by payaso »

I had a friend of mine (harley1874666) paint a new lid for me. He's the hogjowlz of another board.

Anyways, he does some killer masking, and he's finished my stuff. I still don't have it yet, but I have pics sitting atop his truck.

I'll take more pics on mine when it arrives.

All hand cut, and painted with an airbrush

I think it turned out great. Can't wait to slap it on, and beat the shit out of it. It's for the track....

silla :D
payaso...... :)

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

That lid is SWEET.
When you get it be sure to put in some bodylines tho :-o, it looks a little fake. I can't wait to see it with the decals and stuff applied. Your guy does good work :-)

Maxx
crazydave
bitPimp

Post by crazydave »

Not sure what I think of the side graphic... seems to be missing something, but the face on the hood is effin awesome. Killer, now everyone will know its Payaso is coming at them. :-o
...crazy man, crazy...dig it.
crazydave's Gallery
Ratfink says: "Man, it's the craziest"
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

He does some really fancy work, but I told him to tone it down a bit, as if it was too nice, Id be skered to scratch it....lol

I did almost have him do me a shelf queen body, but damnit. I want pics of it flying through the air.lol

The face was the main thing. Like dave said, I wants the peeps to know who the fuck just skunked em.....lol

"Imagination is everything. It's the preview to lifes coming attractions" -Albert Einstein
sg219
bitPimp

Post by sg219 »

Thi$ i$ the money $hot!!

Killer........ :cool:
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

It kills me how the hood pins look like piercings <sp?

I love that shit...haha

Maxximum Attack
bitDisciple

Post by Maxximum Attack »

payaso wrote:It kills me how the hood pins look like piercings <sp?

I love that shit...haha

Then you should get alloy front body-posts.
For a REAL "bling clown" :???:
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

dat's just too hot to trot!! :eek:

on a side note, i been reading up on them revos, are they as good as the claims? looks like a thinking man's nitro to me! :-o
i used to be cool
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

betty.k wrote: i been reading up on them revos, are they as good as the claims? looks like a thinking man's nitro to me! :-o

Super cool design on them, and they are every bit what they claim.

Very basic, but effective layout once you put it on a diet. It actually comes with more shit on it than you need.

MotorGong
bitNinja

Post by MotorGong »

payaso wrote:The face was the main thing. I wants the peeps to know who the fuck just skunked em
You wear clown make-up to the track? lol

Seriously though, talk about personalization!
Hand Airbrushed? How much does he charge, or normally charge to do something like that?
BattleField 2 Stats
"Please not in the fire's neighborhood, heat, that place the spirit swim to play or take care of." ...LxxChar-G Instruction Manual
betty.k
bitPimp

Post by betty.k »

sorry to hijack ya thread, but what did you remove to shave weight?
i used to be cool
payaso
bitPimp

Post by payaso »

MotorGong wrote:Hand Airbrushed? How much does he charge, or normally charge to do something like that?

Yeah, he hand cut all the masks. I haven't received the body yet, or paid for it yet either. He hasn't given me a price yet, but it's very reasonable for what others are getting.

He's a member here, but hangs out at banned rc.
betty.k wrote:sorry to hijack ya thread, but what did you remove to shave weight?

Quite a few things. Not sure I can remember all, but the main ones are as follows.

1 steering servo. The Revo comes stock with dual weak steering servos. One good one is more than plenty.

All the reverse gears got tossed, and I run a foward only conversion (FOC) That drops a shit load of gears. Crazy all the shit it takes to make it go backwards...lol Less rotational mass at that, and improves acceleration so it's a triple bonus.

The micro servo for reverse got tossed off as well as the linkage.

OPTI Drive got tossed.

Wheels and tires were changed out for GS SUTCE racing wheels with Bowties, and Trinity 3 stage foams.. Super light, and alot less rotational mass.

I'll be chopping down the receiver box next, and a few other things. I'll post some pics of it.