XXX-NT - Weekend Warrior

All discussions about 1:18 scale and up nitro on & off road RCs.
Mazda787b
bitPlaya'

XXX-NT - Weekend Warrior

Post by Mazda787b »

Well it has been quite awhile since I have done any racing, and even longer since I have done anything 1/10th scale.

I picked up this XXX-NT from Chrome last week. It was just what I wanted. Although it is no AD2, it is a start. I plan on keeping it through the summer to race at a new outdoor track that was built about 15 minutes away from me. It started out life as an RTR, but has most of the parts upgraded to graphite. Lunsford Ti-Turnbuckles, RPM ballcups, Drake Engine mounts, Universal Alum. pipe, and a Trinity Alum. rear pivot block.

As I do when I get any used car, I tore it down and cleaned it up. The pipe was de-anodized and has some sort of weird coating on it. The fuel had gummed up a small amount in the pipe, headder, exhaust gasket and coupler. And as always, the fuel line needed replacing. With a short trip to the LHS, I picked up some slilicone fuel line, coupler, and gasket set. With some elbow grease and some never-dull, I have one clean truck.

Powering the truck is a Picco .15, and two Futaba S3003 servos, all controlled with my trusty 'ol iWaver Radio. An Ofna Chrome-Top starter box fires up the engine.

The Tires are new Proline Blades (Front) and Bowties (Rear). They are not mounted to the wheels, just fitted loose. Eventually, I will sel these and pick up the appropriate treads for our track.

Well, there isn't much left to get it race-ready. Other than the tires, I want to pick up an 1/8-style Air Filter, Losi white ballcups, AA glow starter, a new fuel tank, Blue Bird servo, RPM bumper, and a nice hex wrench set.

Eventually, I will pick up a better pipe and headder (most likely Losi Drake), and as things break, I will upgrade to the AD2 parts.

So without further delay, here are some pics I snapped today. I am open to any questions and comments:

Sorry if the pics are a little bit blurry (except for hte last one), that's how they came out when I re-sized.
There's no replacement for displacment.